1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Warning Prius Owners of 2010-14.....Get this recall to save your life!!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by sherbrankitty, Nov 6, 2015.

1. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Hmm, so then my assumption based on the paperwork I have available is that they checked for those specific codes. Finding no codes set, they proceeded to verify ECM calibrations. And the correction was something that was actually performed, they reflashed the MG and Power Management ECM's with new software to prevent the over-voltage situation that causes the transistor failure. I will verify this with the dealer ASAP.

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I got a response back from the service manager, regarding getting the sticker. He said no problem, just bring it in, that the "techs" (I miss the term mechanic :() sometimes forget to apply the sticker. He also stressed that when you hook up with Techstream, updates of that sort are readily showing.

Tideland Prius and m.wynn like this.
  3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I really should've taken a photo but it was a time before I had my smartphone - I had the 2005 Prius in for the ECU flash update back in 2006 or 2007. It was in the service bay, on the ground, hooked up to the computer. The other Toyotas were up on the hoist getting serviced. It would made for a photo of contrast between where we were and we will be.

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I've started taking pics of digital X-rays, when I'm at the dentist, lol.

5. PriusGuy32

PriusGuy32 Prius Driver Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You are asserting that:
    1: Just because a semi truck is behind you, it is 1" from your bumper and has a bomb on it that will go off if the driver presses the brakes, or decelerates. I assure you - semi trucks slow down and stop for other drivers ALL of the time. PLUS if a semi is behind you, you are likely in the slower lane of traffic as that is the law in most states. These lanes usually have a shoulder, exit, or pull-off area.
    2: That when a malfunction occurs on the Prius, namely the inverter, that the car stops; not coasts; immediately.
    3: That non-hybrid vehicles never have malfunctions that cause them to stall or lose propulsion. Sorry toots... I grew up driving Chrysler products... at least the Prius doesnt have a transmission that is a ticking time bomb, or an ignition switch that you might hit a bump and it will move a little and lock your steering wheel straight ahead.

I could go on, but really... you could totally be a fantastic writer for the Fox news network, lol.

m.wynn likes this.
  6. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I was with you until number 3. Are you asserting that only Chrysler products have an ignition key that may slip and cause your steering wheel to lock? :mad:Now you sound just like OP... :LOL: Don't forget the Chevy Cobalt!:ROFLMAO:

(Was trying to be sarcastic above, don't think I captured it right. Oh well.)

7. PriusGuy32

PriusGuy32 Prius Driver Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Haha!! No, I was referring to GM namely. And non-hybrids in general. :D

mmmodem likes this.