1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. I doubt that the $350 warranty was from Toyota. My advice is to never, never buy anything but a factory backed warranty.

2. fred

fred New Member

yup it is absolutely positively a toyota warranty. i think the price difference is that it expires at 60,000 miles not 100,000. i agree with you iwould no way on this planet get an extra warranty that was not from the manufacturer. i think i got a real good deal on the extra warranty.

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Showing my ignorance :oops: is this Maintenance contract available every where and how much do the dealers control the price? Where does one get the best price.

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I can find out about a PC Group Price for this too if you all are interested. See if we can shave it down some, since you should be able to use it at any dealer across the country like the warranty.

5. bookrats

bookrats New Member

I would definitely be interested, Danny, if the prepaid maintenance policy is transferrable between dealerships.

I'm already very interested in getting the PriusChat Extended Warranty for mine; about 95% sure I'm going to do that. I'm just checking at the moment as to whether my insurance company (Amica) has a better "substitute transportation" (i.e., rental car) policy than the Toyota Platinum one (i.e., up to 5 days at $50 a day per visit to the mechanic). I doubt that they do, but I thought I'd check.

Danny, thank you greatly for doing this!

6. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I would be interested in the maintenance policy is transferrable between dealerships. I am going to give my local dealer a shot at selling me the Warranty when I call to get my deposit back. I don't expect much but I will tell them I have another offer. Please get back to us on the Maintenance policy issue. Suspect I will be putting in my order for the extended warranty soon.

7. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Re: Toyota Pre-Paid Maintenance: Worth It?

I paid $680 for that plan, and the dealer price for the 'official' services is quite a bit higher than your quotes.

I also have the 7/100/0 warrantee (also bought at a discount), and I just made the executive decision that I would be best served by letting Toyota do the services to make absolutely sure that there is no question or concern about whether the car was 'properly maintianed' for warrantee issues.

If there's a Toyota Dealership Stamp in the maintenance book at every interval, it makes life with arbitrators much simpler :)

So, since the price I paid is already less than your minimum calculated cost, and the price at my Dealership is well in excess of your maximum calculated cost, I'm comfortable with the cost/bennies for me at least.

I just wish it included the 60K because that's the next big one. They snuck out from under that one :)

8. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Tempus, you've just sold me on the prepaid maintenance (at least, if I can get it at something approaching $700). Thanks!

9. obiwan

obiwan New Member

Houston - West, near Westheimer and Beltway
    OK - definiately interested in the extended warranty plan...

and also interested in the pre-paid maintaince plan - again as everybody says - if it is transferable and also if my (currently) local dealership accepts it - from reading the links it seems that it is optional for dealers to accept it - and since no one at the dealer mentioned it when I picked up the blue beauty - who knows????

:idea: As always more information is needed.

10. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'll be back in touch with my Toyota contact Thursday, so as soon as I get some questions answered I'll let everyone know.

11. edward15

edward15 Junior Member

Extended Warranty

I purchased a Prius, package #9 last week; purchased the "platinum" Toyota Extra Care for $1650, 7 yrs/100,000 miles. I feel this price is terrible, but it is the only level of service that Toyota offers for the Prius, it will be for Toyota genuine parts and I can have my car repaired at any Toyota dealer in the US or Canada. I had a quote from another internet site for around $1000 but I feel better about going with Toyota on this warranty. Also this adds unlimited towing reimbursements to the nearest Toyota dealer, travel protection for $100/day (beyond 150 miles from home), $50. rental/day,
    In the past I had problems with Dodge using a non-Dodge extended warranty in that the service manager has to contact the "insurance company" and and get pre-authorization before the repair can be made. Sometimes this process is very time consuming for the service manager and it ends up that your car takes 2 - 3 days to get repaired. I feel that it is just better to bite the bullet for the cost.
    I do have the option to cancel this warranty with Toyota within 30 days...does anyone have an opinion about this level of extended warranty? Thanks

12. kingofgix

kingofgix New Member

I know Danny is working on some options through this website, and it might be good to find out what he is offering. He says he will have some info tomorrow, and costs shoul be much lower.

Also, you might want to check with warrantydirect.com. They offer what i feel is a better warranty than the Toyota Platinum for about $1100. I have talked to them and am very impressed with their warranty and the knowledge of the people I talked to. If Danny comes up with something better, I may go that way, but right know I am planning on going with Warrantydirect.

13. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Re: Extended Warranty

I'd strongly recommend taking a look at the information on this page.

The two points I'd draw your attention to:

14. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    WarrantyDirect is giving PriusChat members a $75 discount if you purchase it through a special link we'll have set up.

Again, hope to have all of this cleared up tomorrow.