1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Warranty Enhancement Program letter (re: Break Actuator Assembly)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by [H]ackerK, May 26, 2018.

1. [H]ackerK

[H]ackerK Geek

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Last year I received a letter from Toyota with big bold heading "Warranty Enhancement Program". Inside it mention something about internal malfunction of the "Break Actuator Assembly" with one or more related DTCs....

The "warranty" is coming to the end soon (June 30, 2018). When I was at the dealership asking my service adviser, he doesn't give me much details nor the DTCs maybe related.

I did some searches but couldn't come up with anything. Maybe someone here will have a bit more details?

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If there is something wrong with the actuator, there would be lots of lights on on your dash

Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    A common sign is frequent priming by the brake system but there is also outright failure of the actuator (non-assisted braking is always available). In any case, there has to be specific warning lights on for the the dealer to see and verify for an OK from Toyota on warranty work.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    unfortunately, it will probably fail sometime after the warranty ends.