1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Warranty expired at 18 months/36K: here's failure list

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by 2010 prius in PA, Jan 14, 2011.

1. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    OK, my turn...

3 years old, ~29k miles, 400 miles/8 gal of gas, SWEET!

A tweeter speaker failed, Covered, .. FREE.
    5 oil flters, my treat
    17.5 qts of oil, my treat
    lots of washes, waxes and love, my treat

I love my Gen II v5, although I do occasionally wish I had a 2011 Dodge Challenger, HEMI.

Well, I can dream, can't I?:D

2. tinaprius

tinaprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hahaha priceless

3. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    1. Honestly some of these are not even worth mentioning. For example the random acceleration 99.99999999999999% it was driver error. The brake problem is well known and unfortunately it is what it is.

The rough start is a genuine problem but a rough start every 12k miles is noise (literally and figuratively), not worth worrying about most likely.

12V battery failure is unfortunate. Did you leave something on?

Driver seat thing, sure.

Headlight bulb who cares really, although 3k on the replacement I bet it was just installed wrong and guy got grease on it.

Hatch lifter is strange. I always lift it up. I'd never thought about it actually. Would never even occur to me to have it worked on.

You broke the arm rest. Plastic breaks when overstressed.

4. ar9080

ar9080 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I had a problem with my 04 pkg 6, traction battery would inexplicably discharge completely after a cold start, traded it because I got sick of Toyota dealers telling me "Oh, we only have one Prius tech and he only comes in 10-3 M-Th" and if we can't duplicate the problem you are making it up and there REALLY isn't a problem or something else ridiculous. I actually had a service MANAGER at Gullo Toyota in Conroe, TX tell me (and I quote) that "if [he] was a spoiled GD kid [he] would take an F'ing day off of school and bring the car in!"

5. ar9080

ar9080 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hahaha I am proud to say that I know what a Vauxhall Vectra is, though only because I love listening to Clarkson go on about them :)

6. 2010 prius in PA

2010 prius in PA Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Update at 72K miles / 38 months: Delighted to report zero failures or safety incidents in second 36K miles of driving.