1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

warranty?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by jbb, Nov 8, 2015.

1. jbb

jbb New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I am searching for recent posts re: extended warranty for a 2015 Prius we just bought with 17k miles. We have up to 100k covered as a Certified Toyota Resale but not sure that covers everything an additional package covers. I am looking for a lower rate than the dealership quoted because I know thats how they make money. It looks like there used to be a program through Pruis Chat but can't find any current info.
    Any insight? Thanks in advance.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome! you can no longer buy a toyota extended warranty over the phone. you have to go in person. shop around your area, and tell your dealer you're shopping. they tend to drop their pants rather quickly when they see the fish slipping off the hook. all the best!(y)

jbb likes this.
  3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Read through the lists of what is and isn't covered in the extended warranties. I suspect you'll find that what is covered won't break and what you expect to break isn't covered.