1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Warrenty Blues

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by williab, Aug 28, 2007.

1. williab

williab New Member

I just purchased my 2007 Prius and love it - I traded in an Acura MDX that had an untouched extended warrenty for big bucks - I have called the local dealership to request paperwork I need to retrieve most of the money back - I have so far 3 unreturned phone calls and a manager who all but hung up on me - I am frustrated and angry - cannot find info on Acrua website to even get a # to call - if I go to the dealership I will lose it and now I do not even trust them to send in the paperwork if I can even get it - anyone out there have any suggestions ???????? Thanks

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  3. williab

williab New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pie r sqd @ Aug 28 2007, 05:43 PM) [snapback]503444[/snapback]</div>

Just thought as a new Prius owner someone out there might be able to help

4. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You have posted this in a discussion forum that doesn't relate.

You have not posted any truly useful information, such as how long did you have the extended warranty, and does the paperwork on it say that it is cancelable? Have you contacted the warranty company?

Don't be surprised if you don't get a lot of replies.

5. williab

williab New Member

Sorry If I violated any rules - being new to all of this - wanted to buy Prius here and needed the money from old warrenty to do so - will try to be better

6. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pie r sqd @ Aug 29 2007, 07:05 AM) [snapback]503682[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome to the board. You didn't violate any rules. All you did was make an off-topic post, which is hardly a hanging offense. Sometimes we get a little overly sensitive when the same silly things happed time and time again.

As for your problem, I have no experience with that sort of situation. What sort of paperwork do you have in your hand? Are there any phone numbers or names on the paper? If not, try calling the dealer and posing as a new customer. Ask them who they use for extended warranties. It may not be the same as yours, but it's a start. Call the warranty company (you may have to Google them) and ask for information about your policy. If it's the correct company, they will be able to find yours.

Short of some detective work, you may have to hire an attorney to write a letter to the dealer. That usually works.

Tom