1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Was told I cannot sync audio ONLY in a Gen2 -- solution?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by AJP, Feb 4, 2020.

1. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    But if the radio head DOES have an AUX input jack, that might open up some additional possibilities for Bluetooth adapters.

2. George W

George W Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    To my experience, every Gen 2 has an Aux input located at the bottom of the inside center console, next to 12V port.

3. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nope. Aux in started with 2006. I wish to hell my 05 had one.
    Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    For early gen2 years, it was not standard equipment but could be part of an option package. IIRC, 2006 and above aux in became standard.

We've used this one with good results when connected to the Aux. input jack inside the center console.

It has noise cancellation hardware which is critical when used with the Prius.

5. VFerdman

VFerdman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Wow! This simple issue has risen so much unnecessary chatter. Mostly caused by ignorant responders. And responders responding to ignorant responders. Good grief!

2007 gen 2 will have an analog aux input. The car’s radio will not connect to the non-telephone part of blue tooth. An inexpensive adapter can be purchased that will connect to the audio streaming part of phone’s blue tooth and its output can be connected to the car’s aux input via a cable. If chosen properly said adapter will not even have phone capability (no microphone). Then the op’s question will be answered with “yes”, it’s possible to have a blue tooth connection that excludes the phone and only streams music. Then she’ll be able to disassociate her phone from Prius blue tooth and she’ll have what she wants. Music streaming and no phone over blue tooth. It’s not only possible in her car, but it’s also simple and inexpensive.

if more details are needed I can elaborate. But suffice it to say it is definitely possible to achieve what op wants. And it’s easy and inexpensive.

6. George W

George W Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Thank you for that clarification. When I was in the market (and I must have looked at about 20) every car had an Aux.

7. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Good grief indeed.

SO much irony in your post........since one of those "ignorant responders" suggested almost exactly what YOU just did. :eek: