1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(San Diego Steve @ May 13 2006, 10:51 AM) [snapback]254779[/snapback]</div>
    Just in case it wasn't clear, these products need to be applied by machine. An orbital polisher like a Porter Cable 7424 works fine. Use an orange cutting pad for the IP and a white polishing pad for the FP.

There's no reason to apply AIO under your last step product if you prepared the paint first with IP and FP. FP leaves the surface ready for sealant. The only thing you might want to do is apply a glaze, like Menzerna FTG or ClearKote Vanilla Moose Glaze. These would be needed if you weren't able to get all the swirls and scratches out of the paint by polishing (either didn't have the right product/technique, or scratches were so deep you didn't want to take off that much clear coat), and need to fill them before applying your sealant.

Also, I assumed your blue BMW was a medium or darker blue when I suggested going with Blackfire. If it's a light blue, you could go with Zaino (or if the cheap plasticky look doesn't bother you).

2. sdsteve

sdsteve New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusenvy @ May 14 2006, 03:09 AM) [snapback]255119[/snapback]</div>
    Hmmm... no that wasn't clear that it needed machine application... i was planning on doing it by hand. According to the web site it sounded like I can do it by hand if the paint was in decent shape (it's actually not badly oxidized, and has a decent gloss with the glaze I put on already). I'll have to see if anybody I know has a machine before I go through the expense of buying one.

I decided not to do the AIO and go straight for the Blackfire. The car is the darker blue (estoril blue they called it). It's actually pretty good in terms of swirl marks - there really arent any that I can see, it just feels a little gritty.

I'll let you know how both projects (BMW and Prius) turn out. I'm hoping to do it all next weekend if the weather is OK and everything arives by then.

Steve

3. Welshdog

Welshdog Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I love you man!!!

4. don_chuwish

don_chuwish Well Seasoned Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    lol!! :d :d

5. mindmachine

mindmachine Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I use ReJex it is a polymer bonding sealant that is quite slipery and lasts about 6 months. Paint needs to be wax free on first application. I start with a new car and go from there.