1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Washed my Prime today

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Jnbrown, May 17, 2017.

1. Jnbrown

Jnbrown Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    It has been 2-1/2 weeks and I waited as long as I could. It was starting to show a lot black grime and those yellow turd marks. The Blizzard Pearl paint really lets you know when its dirty. It has been a long time since I bought anything to wash a car but this time a got a new micro fiber mitt, drying towel, some Macquires soap and a water blade. I would say the prime is pretty easy to wash compared to some other cars. Now the next big decision is when to apply wax, maybe in 3 months?

Montgomery and priuscatprimeguy like this.
  2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If it's starting to show those marks and grime, maybe a claybar job before applying the wax? (whenever you decide to wax the car).

3. jrodz09

jrodz09 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Claybar to removed some of the dealership love marks/neglect and most definitely throw some wax on it. I would not recommend the water blade, your only going to damage your clearcoat.

4. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    "Yellow turd marks"? Is Big Bird sitting on your car upset PBS might be cut? So if some of us park in your drive will our cars be ready to pick up "clean" by 5pm?

priuscatprimeguy likes this.
  5. Jnbrown

Jnbrown Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    SO you think it could wax now? I have some Mothers California Gold its been sitting the garage a few years because I never waxed my old cars myself. I also have some clay bar but thought it was just for old paint or to remove things that won't wash off. I agree with not using the water blade except on the windows.

6. tanner9868

tanner9868 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My sentiments exactly. My normal routine is (last 5 cars anyways) Clay bar, synthetic sealant (Meguiars 2.0) and finish up with a couple coats of glass sealant (rain x works) All within 1st 24 hours of getting it home. This then gives me time to wax at my leisure and still be able to rinse off the bug goo with little effort and still protect the paint!

I am pretty anal on how I treat my vehicles, and though I like to detail them often, I don't want to spend a ton of time doing it!

jrodz09 likes this.