1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Washington State Hits EV's for Road Tax

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by hill, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Because, you know, those hundred or so EVs are just driving all over the state, destroying the highways. :rolleyes:

So, where's the bicycle tax? What about runners? Walkers?

Welcome to Washington! Before you step out of the airport onto the sidewalk, you'll need to pay a sidewalk tax. :eyebrows:

Here's a solution: TAX TIRES !!!!
    Wear and tear on the road is proportional to wear and tear on tires. ...but that would be too logical for politicians.

2. R-P

R-P Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    We've had to pay "Airport improvement tax" in Vancouver airport or they would not let us get to our plane.

I was livid.

:focus:

3. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Easy. Stop visiting Canada until they realise the error of their greed, erm I mean ways :cool:

4. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Airport/air travel taxes are very common, difference is they are usually buried in the ticket price.. At least Vancouver had the integrity to not bury it in ticket prices.

5. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    As taxes go, the AIF isn't so bad. I'm not keen on paying it, either, but at least it's paid only by the users, and goes directly to airport improvement. All taxes should be so logical.

I don't totally disagree with a road tax on all road users, either, but using a magnifying glass to find the 'EV loophole', while ignoring the massive subsidies on other forms of transportation, simply isn't fair.