1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wasn't the USA the leader of science at one time?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Aug 19 2006, 09:55 AM) [snapback]305873[/snapback]</div>
    Still can't see it sorry. I don't see in the Bible where it says that the earth is the center of the universe. The quote about not being able to move the earth is one from a rather large perspective of the entire universe, i.e. just because the earth rotates and orbits the sun you can't move it from it's place. I don't think anything in the Bible has ever been proven wrong by science. Could be wrong but I don't think so unless you take some extreme view or the other.

The Bible isn't a science book but it is scientifically accurate. http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/science.shtml

Wildkow

2. vtie

vtie New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Aug 21 2006, 05:02 PM) [snapback]306700[/snapback]</div>
    Ah, but you can! Just jump in the air, and you have moved the Earth a little bit, for a while. :p
    The moon, planets and other stars have a more severe influence of course.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Aug 21 2006, 05:02 PM) [snapback]306700[/snapback]</div>
    I'm not a Bible expert, but I think, if you add the different time scales mentioned, you end up with a creation date of approximately 6,000 years ago. Now that's a BIG problem if you want to make this into accordance with science. Basically, you would need to rewrite geology, archaeology, biology, dendrochronology, astronomy, and even fundamental physics. Wish you luck!

3. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  5. Mirza

Mirza New Member

I laugh to myself whenever I hear someone mention heaven/hell. Can you say.... DUPED!!!!!
    ---------------

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Karnac @ Aug 16 2006, 10:19 AM) [snapback]304044[/snapback]</div>
    Made up of mostly immigrants? Try completely. No human has ever been completely "from" the 'New World.' ALL 'Native Americans' were at one time immigrants.