1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wasp venom seems to have "cured" knee pain

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Stevewoods, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Stevewoods

Stevewoods Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey, it's the yellowjacket guy again.

Looks like a bear -- not sure -- found the yellowjacket nest and dug out a significant portion of it. So, had to do some leaf blowing yesterday evening -- you know where this is going right....:whistle:

I went by the nest, saw no yellowjackets and just for the hell of it decided to direct the full 200 mph force of the blower down into the hole.

Yes, they were still home. And, yes, when I pulled the blower out of the hole, they came swarming out. Luckily I was totally covered this time, shirt tucked in and back of neck covered etc.

They could not get to me -- but they tried. In the meantime, I trotted away. They followed, but only about 50 yards....

Give a stupid man a leaf blower :oops:

bwilson4web likes this.
  2. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    On a bike ride last Summer, I stopped by the side of the trail for a pee. As I stood admiring the tree, I happened to glance down to see a pile of rotting pears, crawling with a zillion wasps. Am I ever glad I looked before I leaked. They would have been really pissed off. That could have a most painful and debilitating injury, rendering me incapable of riding home, among other things. ;)

Stevewoods likes this.
  3. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Or ''had'. From what I've seen, the rest of the world seems to adopt our vices much faster than our virtues.

4. Stevewoods

Stevewoods Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well, we have had particularly cool and wet days and I went down by the nest with my leaf blower yesterday and no activity whatsoever. And, I have not seen any yellowjackets about outdoors either in the past several days, so I hope they are gone.

HOWEVER, I did not test my theory with the blower this time.

A bear has been making the rounds, leaving large piles of droppings throughout my property and it appears that Yogi did dig into the nest just one time, but Mr. (or Ms.) Bruin never returned to finish the job.

Anyway, this has been one of the worst years for yellowjackets ever. Everyone I mention it to agrees. I often "pee" in my woods when I am working outside and there were numerous occasions this summer when the "stream" attracted one or more of the little nasties. Splashed my boots more than once thanks to that, but luckily, no other issues.