1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

water from ceiling

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by sam lowry, Mar 19, 2015.

1. sam lowry

sam lowry New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Good day,
    I recently purchased a 2010 Prius, model V with the "Advanced Technology Package".
    Now just this morning though, after it rained last night, I took off and once I hit the break for the first time, water came pouring down out of the box that houses the little forward facing camera (near the rear view mirror). I was shocked. I'm wondering how that water makes it into the cabin. Has anyone ever heard of that?
    p.s. no sunroof here.

#1 sam lowry, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  2. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Check the windshield. Probably not OEM and a replacement and they eff'ed up the windshield job.

BTW a Model IV cannot have a lane tracking camera. You must have a V.

3. sam lowry

sam lowry New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    thank you Jonny!
    i was able to contact the previous owner (i bought the prius at dealership). he never had that problem. he said he always had it garaged and he never had the windshield replaced. my gal at the dealership said they may be able to fix it under warranty. i will have them check the windshield.
    and you are right, it must be a V as i also have the "LED auto-leveling headlights w/washers and fog lamps". sweet.

4. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Is there a sunroof? the 2010 V did not have one as an option, so if there is one, it is aftermarket and the likely culprit.

5. acadiel

acadiel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It was my understanding the 2010 trim level V was not available with a sunroof. (I will have to look at my book in my file cabinet when I get home.). I asked when I got mine, because I wanted the V because of its larger wheels.

6. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    In the US, the sunroof cannot be had with the V Trim Level.

7. sam lowry

sam lowry New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    thanks guys,
    no sunroof here. i will see next week if the dealer will reseal the windshield under warranty.