1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Water in Back Seat

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by techguy378, Jan 19, 2016.

1. techguy378

techguy378 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I recently noticed that my back seat was all wet. It appears water is coming in from the middle of the seat and spreading outward as far as I can tell. The car has been parked outside overnight. All four windows have been rolled up and there is no water in the trunk. Any idea what might be causing this? There is no water on the floor or anywhere else.

2. DRACO

DRACO Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Remove the bench and see if there is a hole in the chassis of if you can find the source. Take a close look at your rain gutters near the upper part of the the rear hatch. If you see a fracture in the gutter, it could be coming from that area

Take care to insure water has not made is way the HV battery

3. techguy378

techguy378 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    It appears the rubber seal around the trunk opening is detached on one side. A considerable amount of water is dripping on top of the trunk opening behind where the rubber seal is detached. Thankfully the car is driveable. What would cause the seal to break? I bought my 2013 Prius C new. I'm not experienced enough to disassemble my car so I guess an expensive trip to the dealer is in order.

4. DRACO

DRACO Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    One
    It happens when you or your friends or family members takes things in and out. I am constantly reminding my step-son to take care when he moves things out of his car and his mom's car.