1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Water near rear backseat ground

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by G99, Feb 19, 2020.

1. G99

G99 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    Hi
    For a number of weeks, I've noticed a lot of water on my car matt and the carpet, on the floor rear drivers side.
    I cannot see how water is entering the vehicle, I'm 100% its not been spilled, when i put my foot on the floor I get water appear around my foot.
    I'm unsure what/where to check, as mentioned I couldnt see anywhere from the door or window it may be leaking through, the seats and rear passenger side are all dry, its just this 1 spot that has a lot of water, even after attempted to clear, theres more the next time i look, any ideas?

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Usually the roof seams get old and leak into the rear corner wells behind rear wheels, first I've read of leaking into rear driver's side floor seat. To start, eliminate the possibility it's flooding from damage under the vehicle, then the more likely scenario, remove the black trim strips on the roof and clean and inspect and re-seal them if you see damage. There's also seems you can see with rear hatch open... Then inspect under the interior side panels for corrosion damage in electrical connections, side air bags, etc..