1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Water on Cabin Air Filter

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by TKyleJ, Jul 22, 2019.

1. TKyleJ

TKyleJ New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    2011 Prius IV. I bought the car on Friday (my fourth Prius). Went through the car wash today and right after I got out, I noticed the air wasn’t blowing as strongly as it normally does.
    Pulled the filter out and it was soaking wet. Ran a little water down the air intake by the windshield and confirmed that it is dripping inside. I’m unsure how to fix and would greatly appreciate any help.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I think you should remove the wiper arms, then remove the plastic cover over the cowl and see what the cowl tray looks like. Maybe leaves and dirt have accumulated in the drain holes, so when the car is washed, the tray fills up with water, allowing water to get into the air intake.

3. schmuber

schmuber Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a somewhat similar issue, but I suspect a leaky hose in my case. Sometimes, when I use a windshield washer, a few drops of fluid fall on my right ankle. Yep, in a gas pedal area. And for the life of me I cannot find a source of this leak or its path… Even tried a UV dye in a washer tank. Nope, the fluid just teleports there. Prius is a puzzle box.