1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

water pump recall/what else should I check

Discussion in 'Toyota Prius Service Bulletins - TSBs' started by suirp91257, Dec 15, 2010.

1. suirp91257

suirp91257 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Going to get my water pump changed due to the recall.Just wondering what else I should have done when I take it in...I have a 2006 with 57k on it.Thought while I had it in maybe I could have them do some other maintance on it, thanks to anyone who replys this is a great sight for prius owners...has been very helpful to me....thanks to everyone and have a merry christmas and May God Bless!!

2. johnhnhn

johnhnhn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have a 2006 with 50+ K miles on it as well. My 12V battery recently failed. I had to replace my HID headlights several years ago.

3. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    It is a good idea to drain and refill (not a flush) the transmission fluid (Type WS Toyota ATF) every 60k miles. This is not in the list of items Toyota says to do, but a long lab test sequence on Prius ATF shows that it is worth doing. Your dealer should charge about $100 for the job.

You should also consider changing the engine and cabin air filters (it is a 30k mile interval item), but as it is easily done by you, just buy the filters at the dealer.

JeffD

4. bsoft

bsoft New Member

Be sure to check your tires since there's a decent chance that your second set is starting to get worn (and if you're still on the original tires you're long overdue). You might want to get the alignment checked out too.