1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Water pump replaced/question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Dain Hill, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Dain Hill

Dain Hill New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Hi guys, I'm new to the forums, and I have a interesting question ive stumbled across. I recently purchased a used 2008 toyota prius and noticed the previous owner had his water pump replaced covered by warranty and under the notes it said it was leaking coolant. With that being said, is it safe to say they did indeed replace the engine coolant and I won't have to worry about that with my 100k maintenance and is that also safe to say they did the same for the inverter fluid.

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    No, they didn't replace the coolant. Do that yourself, dealers rarely do it....time is money

3. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    There are two cooling pumps in the Gen2 Prius: engine and inverter. Read the service paperwork to see which pump was actually replaced.

Each cooling loop (engine & inverter) is separate, and can be drained/filled, independent of the other.

valde3 likes this.