1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Water pump replacement & CHECK LIGHT

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Jason Anderson, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Jason Anderson

Jason Anderson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hey Prius members,

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience in replacing the water pump and if this will take care of the check light? I already replaced the inverter coolant pump and so the VSC light went away. But wanted to know if the water pump will take care of the other light? I've read the codes and they keep mentioning the pump. I'm trying to get my dash all green lol.

Jason

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How many miles do you have?

Which codes did you get (and with what reader)?

How old is your 12v battery?

Raytheeagle and valde3 like this.
  3. Dxta

Dxta Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Scan the car, and let's get the codes. How did you confirm you needed to replace the pump?

You can check more about inverter pumps on the search icon on PC

Prodigyplace and Raytheeagle like this.
  4. 05PreeUs

05PreeUs Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am confused.....

You say you replaced the water pump, (not sure which one, there are two) and the VSC light went out, but another light is on and you (still???) have codes for the pump.

If you replaced the engine water pump, which is belt driven, that did not fix the electrically driven hybrid cooling pump. The engine and hybrid systems use to TOTALLY separate cooling systems, so before embarking on a repair, you need to know which system to work on.