1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Water pump replacement part number

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by slickvik, May 31, 2023.

1. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Are you desiring to replace the inverter cooling water pump?

The first link is the pump that moves coolant between the engine and the thermos in your driverside fender.

The second link is for the engine coolant pump that mounts to the passenger side of the engine.

The third link is the inverter cooling water pump which is located directly behind the driverside headlight. This is the one that is wise to replace every 80-100k miles because they're kinda known to fail at bad times and it will sometimes pop the AM2 fuse and completely kill the car while driving.

There's also another pump that is located by the firewall on the driver side of the brake actuator. That pump circulates hot coolant through the people compartment heater system. It's similar to the first link.

2. slickvik

slickvik Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you, I think the second and third ones are the ones I'm looking for. I think I'll replace the drive belt also, which seems to be called a serpentine belt on the toyota website.

90916-02570
    https://www.oemgenuineparts.com/oem-parts/toyota-serpentine-belt-9091602570?c=bD01Jm49U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHMmYT10b3lvdGEmbz1wcml1cyZ5PTIwMDcmdD1iYXNlJmU9MS01bC1sNC1lbGVjdHJpYy1nYXM%3D