1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wax recommendations for 2018 C?

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Chetallica, Aug 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Chetallica

Chetallica New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Hello everyone,
    Was wondering if there were any specific wax recommendations for the Toyota paints for 2018. My Ma has 1999 Corolla and when she waxed it (quite a few years ago) the black paint got really "foggy". Hope to avoid this issue with my C.

So, I have a 2018 C in black with slight metallic. I opted out of the dealer "paint sealer" offer because it cost more (was already at my budget) and was planning on doing my own wax this year, Waster is not beading so I want to get a coat on before winter comes around her in MD.
    I checked the manual and could not find any specifics on what and what not to use so was hoping someone here had some ideas of what to avoid or what worked well.
    If this discussion is here on the forum, sorry for the repeat and lead me to a existing discussion if it is here.

Appreciate any input!

2. Chetallica

Chetallica New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Ok, found this thread about a 2015. Lots of info there!

Ok, time for my first wax.... recommendations please. | PriusChat

Looking for a liquid wipe on, wipe off to keep it simple. Spray ons do not seem to give the best shine and paste are a pain to buff out, especially since I have a black car!

Any liquid one/off ideas?

3. iceman13

iceman13 Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    If you want a perfect finish that lasts a long time I recommend a few steps process. First wash it throughly with a decent car wash soap. Second, you MUST clay your car, I recommend Mother’s Speed Clay 2.0. Most people skip this but oh boy, what a difference it makes to get a great result. You can feel the difference using a sandwich bag as a glove and gliding your hand over the surface while wet. It will feel like grains of sand embedded in the paint. The clay removes all of this!! Third, use Meguiar’s Ultimate Compound to remove minor imperfections, blemishes and oxidation. You can do it by hand, you must do it all over the painted surfaces. Fourth and last step, you must seal the surface using a quality synthetic wax. I use Meguiar’s Ultimate Wax, it’s actually a sealant, that means it lasts a lot longer than traditional waxes. (Up to a year).
    If you follow this steps I guarantee you will have a perfectly well protected finish that looks like a million bucks. Even doing regular maintenance washes will be easier, because the surface is so smooth that road grime doesn’t stick. Doing all of this will take you about half a day if you don’t have experience, but it’s totally worth it, it’s one of those things that you do it right the first time and forget about it.

Chetallica likes this.