1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wax your Prii

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ScottY, Jun 9, 2005.

1. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If you want to really make your car look good, you should visit these web sites: www.autopia.org, www.roadfly.org, and www.detailcity.com and check out the detailing forums. There are a lot of opinions and a lot of products out there, and if you want the best results, you should expose yourself to as much information as possible, not just the opinions of a few people here.

Just to give you an example of some things you would miss by not visiting those web sites:

You should use two buckets, one for rinsing your wash mitt, and one for fresh suds when washing your car. You don't want to put a dirty mitt in the clean soapy water you use to wash your car. Or you can buy a special grate to put in the bottom of the bucket that allows dirt to fall through, but then traps it in the bottom so it doesn't get mixed back in when you swish your mitt around.

These days, most people use microfiber towels to dry their car. Using a chamois is really "old school".

Carnuba vs. polymer is not an either/or decision. Many people like to top synthetic products (which last far, far longer than carnubas) with carnubas to get the deep (but short-lived) gloss that carnubas are known for.

Brands you'll want to consider:

Zaino
    Klasse
    Four Star
    Poorboys
    Einzetts
    P21S
    Pinnacle

There are other good products out there, but these are the best known premium brands.

2. tomdeimos

tomdeimos New Member

I just put Liquid Glass on my Prius. Never used it before but it sounded easy in that I don't have to worry about edges. It goes over everything including the metal plastic and glass.

Anybody used it before?

3. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Has anyone tried 5-star shine? It is suppose to last for 5 yrs. Some kind of teflon polymer wax.

4. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tadashi\";p=\"97966)</div>
    5 years?!!! that's a little hard to believe, but I'll look into that. Seriously, anybody tried that before?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusenvy\";p=\"97945)</div>
    Yes, I've been to other websites (www.roadfly.org for example). Like you said, I want to expose to as much info as possible. And I will try out other products next time. I'll def. post my experience on this forum. Thanks for everybody's suggestions on this site. :mrgreen:

Scott

5. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Look at my Prii after waxing!!! shiny~ :p

6. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    oooOOOOooo shiny. cool. hey.. are those spots on the windshield.

7. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

All my cars over the last few years have been spoiled by Zaino polishes, and clay bar...the inside for the last year on my Honda I've been using the Einzett (sp?) Cockpit Premium that I got from DetailersParadise...great stuff, anti static, and cleans and shines with no greasy residue like ArmorAll or similar products. It also is highly UV protectant...for tires I use 303 Aerospace shine, no residue, and doesn't make your tires look annoyingly greasy...and no spin off. The same as the cockpit premium, it protects against UV, has no petroleum distillates so nothing turns brown, dries, or cracks in the sun.

So I guess those would be all my detailing recommendations...I shall never use anything but Zaino for polishing though. To me, there's no need to switch to anything else. They also have a new finishing/detailing spray called Z8 Grand Finale...you will be amazed if you pick this stuff up...bugs and road debris literally just fall off the car when you stop, and you don't need to use it but once a month as a finishing touch or for retouching smudges or grime.

Dave.

8. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Dave........you forgot to mention the wonderful Zaino smell ........

[​IMG]

9. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bshef\";p=\"98221)</div>
    I figured I wouldn't ruin the surprise for a potential Zaino convert :p You're right, it is almost addictive :D