1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wayne Mitchell featured on ABC's Nightline 11/8/07

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Sufferin' Prius Envy, Nov 9, 2007.

1. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Nov 9 2007, 10:58 PM) [snapback]537579[/snapback]</div>
    What did they edit?

Did anyone record this? I would have recorded it if I had known. :( [edit] the video not Tony's post. :p

2. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I am honored to have had two block heaters installed in my garage by Wayne. (Thanks again!)

However, it's too bad there was no mention of PHEV's. How would you like to use the electricity from running the block heater to propel the car down the road instead?

Nate

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Nov 9 2007, 10:58 PM) [snapback]537579[/snapback]</div>

Is that where "Jugo Chavez" came from?

Or maybe I should say went. I could have sworn I read that the first time but it seems to be gone.

I kept a copy of my post....just in case.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(naterprius @ Nov 9 2007, 11:44 PM) [snapback]537593[/snapback]</div>
    I had mine installed in my Prius. :D

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There is nothing worse than being criticized by people who cannot spell correctly. The word "waist" is much different than the word "waste". lmao

5. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Nov 10 2007, 12:18 AM) [snapback]537604[/snapback]</div>
    You mean like extension chord?

Of course there's a difference between sloppy spelling and a typo.

dose -typo

waists -careless spelling

mornign -typo

conveniant -careless spelling

talkes -typo

maitanence -typo

I expect typos and careless spelling from bloggers.

There's no excuse for the writer to use chord. It's not a typo, it's careless spelling. Not only careless spelling but careless proofreading. Anyone that works for a living using a word processor and a spell checker knows you have to proofread carefully. A spell checker can only check spelling, not context. A spell checker can't determine if the correct word is there, their or they're. It can only determine that it is spelled correctly.

6. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Nightline just had a brief follow-up piece on Wayne's segment. They showed him talking about pulse and glide then featured an email from someone that said it would be better to have three people riding to work in an SUV than one person crawling along and holding up traffic in a Prius. Did anyone else see it?

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(okiebutnotfrommuskogee @ Nov 10 2007, 01:16 AM) [snapback]537621[/snapback]</div>

How often do you see three people riding to work in an SUV?

Every SUV in my school parking lot brought one person to school.

8. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(okiebutnotfrommuskogee @ Nov 9 2007, 10:16 PM) [snapback]537621[/snapback]</div>
    Of course, that then begs the question, why can't those three people ride to work in a Prius?

Oh yeah, silly me . . . :rolleyes: :lol:

9. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Ok, so I've registered at the ABC site, and posted a response to the comments, but it still won't let me view the video....

Anyone know how to view it? or have a copy? or a password?

10. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    actually, we saw it on a local show "Evening Magazine" for KING TV in seattle last week... mostly about hybridfest, but also had Wayne doing the cruise talking about his methods including drafting and what not.

11. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheForce @ Nov 9 2007, 10:24 PM) [snapback]537583[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Nov 9 2007, 10:54 PM) [snapback]537596[/snapback]</div>
    It was my usual rant. Something along the lines of "before you criticize someone for taking action, go into your own garage and look at your own mileage; look through your gas receipts and find the one from Citgo as you Google "Jugo Chavez" +dictatorship; ask yourself what your last solution was for a global issue; consider the energy - or lack thereof - you are leaving for your children."

And at the end, it said, "we all have choices to make; what's yours?"

I was tempted to create a second post and put it back in, but I figured that whoever "tweaked" my original reply would simply delete my second one. As someone who is in charge of making sure you all follow certain guidelines, I realize that whoever did it was probably just doing their job. I can't be mad at them.

12. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Nov 9 2007, 09:50 PM) [snapback]537615[/snapback]</div>
    I call it clueless spelling. Usually when you see something like this it is due to the fact the author has no idea what she/he has done. It is similar to using were, where, or wear. I typo all the time in posts because I do not check for errors in casual conversation but if I am going to slam someone or write an official document then I do try a little harder to hide my ignorance of proper english and gammar. :) You are correct though. :)

13. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rangerdavid @ Nov 10 2007, 10:03 AM) [snapback]537655[/snapback]</div>
    It's not the same thing as seeing the video (yes, Wayne, they got your good side), but for what it's worth, and if my memory is correct, the printed article on the Nightline site seems to be a verbatim transcript of the video.

Maybe someone can comment to ABC and ask it to post the video. Or maybe Wayne can post the video. Or maybe someone will eventually post it on YouTube. Advance word of the video was posted on one of the other hybrid/environmental forums.

14. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Nov 10 2007, 11:13 AM) [snapback]537674[/snapback]</div>

Yep. That bad gammar will get you every time. :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boo @ Nov 10 2007, 11:45 AM) [snapback]537686[/snapback]</div>

I already checked YouTube. Not there yet.

I figured the article was a transcript of the video, but I like to watch moving pictures.

15. bestmapman

bestmapman 04, 07 ,08, 09, 10, 16, 21 Prime

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Good to see Wayne is getting recognition for all the EBH installs he has done.

Thanks Wayne & Hobbit for doing mine.

16. abq sfr

abq sfr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Darn it! He installed my ebh and now he's famous and I didn't have him sign my owner's manual! But really,
    Way to go Wayne!