1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

We are in a unique position...

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by UCBRUINS, Sep 25, 2011.

1. mitch672

mitch672 Technology Geek

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    No. You can "refuse" the car, and get your deposit back at anytime. You are not locked into anything. You have then created an "orphan" and made your Toyota dealer very happy, as they can now sell it for any premium over MSRP they can get.

I will add this (to make Dianne happy), its your car, until you say yes or no, as long as you find a way to pay for it. With that said, you can change your mind and back out, which is what I was saying above, you are not commited to buy the car, its just reserved for YOU.

2. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Right.

While nothing can stop a dealership from selling every car that arrives to someone else, and at a higher cost, the fact still remains that you have an agreement with Toyota. The dealership is just where the car is dropping. Once the car arrives, let's say at XYZ Toyota, and they sell it to the sales manager's neighbor for more money and you're out in the cold, with no explanation, I am certain that they will be in BIG trouble. I have no idea what it might be, but with limited production, and high demand, the trouble could be nasty... something I plan to avoid LOL!!

It may also be that we are required to send back cars that do not sell to the ordering party ... hell who knows, it's too far away in time for that decision. We haven't been advised what the car is going to really cost yet. I'm sure they are not worried about the semantics later.

I'm gonna advise ya'll to be ready. If you plan to finance, don't let a low credit score surprise you out of a car. Don't assume the lease will be reasonable or not reasonable... have a back up plan. Toyota will set residuals, they set the buy rate, they have a bank fee and a disposition fee - all of these things are fixed things. The thought of a buyer walking away because of a boilerplate lease doc that he "didn't know about" is just stupid. You can't know what the rates and residuals are going to be, but you should know the basic tenet of the Toyota lease and not grandstand at the end when you're in financing offices that these things are suddenly made up. If you don't like the financing, or thre lease terms or rates, write a check. Plan responsibly.

3. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Mark, I really don't think that is how Toyota plans to work this. From what I understand, they will re-assign it to the next person who matches that car. After all, the variations are few. The High end one will come in 5 colors, as will the Low end one. Minimal variations of mats, rear bumper applique, cargo net, all incidentals.

I think that if the car is sold to someone else, it costs you the NEXT unassigned car after the pre-order system ends... so it's not pretty!

4. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Welcome to.... The twilight zone.