1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

We like sheep... on the ECO Dashboard

Discussion in 'Prime Fuel Economy & EV Range' started by Old Bear, Oct 15, 2017.

1. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Reminds me of the SafetyConnect fiasco that took way too much time to correct. They knew their service and servers were down, but it took a ton of calls and dealer inquiries (from the non-clueless dealers) for Toyota to finally bone up to it and get the service kick started and functioning again.

I sure am not missing the lack of phone notifications or lack of sheep as my Motorola V195s flip phone just ain't gonna run the app, yet the phone will bluetooth connect to the Prime just fine, which surprises the heck out of me.

2. HPrimeAdvanced

HPrimeAdvanced Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Oh my gosh, I will step VERY lightly here: she hasn't any!!

3. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    That's what I was told as well. My ECO dashboard did update last night, making 3 updates in one day. That part seems fixed, but still no charge schedule emails today.

I was told the servers are run and controlled by "other partners" as in they have some sort of service level agreement with an outside company. Must not be much of an agreement.

I fear you are correct. This is why I've been begging for users here to call in and make noise. Many have and I sincerely appreciate each of you that did. It seems to be working.

The holidays are the problem right now. I'm supposed to get a call back on the 27th asking about the charge notification emails. I did NOT get any last night, but my ECO dashboard is updating like it should now.

HPrimeAdvanced likes this.
  4. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I wonder if any of their partners will lose their contract over this. Service contracts usually have some sort of service level agreement on performance and availability.

Consequences matter.

HPrimeAdvanced and pilotgrrl like this.
  5. pilotgrrl

pilotgrrl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Nice. Outsourcing systems that customers and others rely on, and doing a bad job of it, too.

Sounds like the partners never learned the 6Ps:

Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Maybe we could add "Possibly Preserves Positions" to make it 9Ps.

No place I've ever worked would tolerate that kind of shoddy job, even when I was just a "rent-a-Dilbert" type.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

HPrimeAdvanced and Prodigyplace like this.
  6. Prodigyplace

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    @Prius Team are you taking any notes?

7. ct89

ct89 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I would like to better understand the utility of this dashboard...I have occasionally pulled it up to see what people are talking about in this forum but have in general found zero use for any of the information on the screen and I can't fathom why I would ever want my car to email me. I get enough useless email as it is.

I'm genuinely interested what people's usage model is here. Why is it interesting for the dashboard information to be available? Do you sit around waiting for notification of charge completion before deciding to drive somewhere? I was originally thinking that might be interesting if using a public charger...Is that the useful case?

8. Mark57

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm "assuming" there IS a service level contract. I don't think anyone there see's this as that big of a deal. So they heard from 6 or so end users. Not even a road bump.

They are a car company first and just getting their feet wet in the end user software support arena. They're going to have pains doing it for a while as they find their way. I think you're holding them to a standard they are not yet ready to meet. I wish they were there, but that's going to take time and lots of feedback.

9. Prodigyplace

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There needs to be some sort of contract, written or not, for there to be "partners".
    Companies do not provide these services for free. Even your free 3 years of Entune was paid for when you purchased your Prime.

10. Mark57

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    To each his own. Everyone see's value differently. Here's what I get. If I tell the car I want it to do something that I'm going to rely on, I find it convenient to know if it did it, or if it failed.

20171223_080516.png

I was a committed hypermiler in my 2010. I would not expect someone that was not, to be interested in the ECO Dashboard. You either find it interesting or you don't.

7707Prime, ct89 and HPrimeAdvanced like this.
  11. Mark57

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    True, but we're making assumption on words used by a customer service support person. We don't really know how any of it is set up. He may have said what he did to deflect and unhappy customer. I'm just saying we don't really know.

12. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I am back to NOT getting email notices of a full charge.

13. Mark57

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for letting us know. I'm not getting them either.

14. Mark57

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    HEY, I just now got a charge completion notice. It was 3 hours late, but I got it. First one since Dec 21st.

15. HPrimeAdvanced

HPrimeAdvanced Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Yeah, well to name a few lice, how about Microsoft, Apple, Symantec, AT&T, Netflix, Comcast, GM, Ford, FCA....
    GOOD service is a dying endeavor, with corporate greed and the Stock Market forces pushing it to all-time lows!! Less support personnel, with less training, and less language skills, means consumers suffer. The auto industry as a whole does far better (at least in my part of town) than does the IT industry, at helping the consumer. Our new job as consumers is to locate those rare nuggets of knowledge and care, and broadcast our findings far and wide to hopefully improve things for everyone!

pilotgrrl and priuscatprimeguy like this.
  16. JamesBurke

JamesBurke Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Boomer Sooner

Mark57 likes this.
  17. Prodigyplace

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    GOOD service is a dying endeavor unless there is good competition. At work we have a couple of trusted partner vendors that provide excellent service. We also just moved away from one vendor who had excellent service until they got bought. We just moved that service to a competitor who has already shown much better service and product features.

Our main trusted vendors are leaders in their product respective segments. There ais also come competitive overlap in their product offerings.

pilotgrrl and HPrimeAdvanced like this.
  18. ct89

ct89 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thanks...Not passing judgement, just trying to understand if there is something about this complex car that I am missing. I get hypermiling but it's not clear to me how to use the eco dashboard to help. I can see how email alerts about charging could be interesting if I ever charged away from home and I might enable failure notification although I have never seen a failure.

Just curious. Thanks again

Mark57 likes this.
  19. Mark57

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I'll be there. :D We fly out the 30th and return the 2nd. 1/1/18 is a very early day. Board the bus at 4am. Required to be in our seats at 6:30am located at the beginning of the Rose Parade route inside the security zone then head to the stadium after the parade. We did this in 2003. It was a blast. Everyone should see this parade in person at least once. TV does no justice. I'll be the one wearing red. ;) Our side of the stadium sold out in 48 hours. (Approx 46, 271 tickets)

20. Mark57

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    The ECO Dashboard STILL has a problem. It seems to properly record the first drive of the day, but if you do multiple segments, it does not seem to record the stats or update the dashboard time stamp for the ones after the first drive. I'm talking about segments where the vehicle is powered off in between drives.

In the big scheme of things it's not cancer or polio, but it's still irritating. It needs to work right.