1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

We like sheep... on the ECO Dashboard

Discussion in 'Prime Fuel Economy & EV Range' started by Old Bear, Oct 15, 2017.

1. CraigM

CraigM Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    App didn’t update today 4-20-18. Lost my sheep yesterday after a 150+ mile drive. Need the app to work to encourage my sheep to return to my pasture!

Charge management portion is working, but not the ECO dashboard.

HPrimeAdvanced likes this.
  2. benagi

benagi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    A question for those who are able to keep their eco scores in the 90’s. When I come to a light that has bit of an incline and I start braking, then left off the brake just before the light then brake again to keep from rolling back, my braking score goes way down, like below 60 or more. What is the best way to attack this ? Thx.

3. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Well, don't brake going uphills at stops. Seriously, that's all that score does, is assess your regen braking frequency and duration. If it can't happen on your route, then it just can't happen. Don't worry about it and know you've got a great car for driving everywhere else. There's more to the Prime than just the driving scores and the health of your sheep herd, rainbows and oranges on the trees.

Heck, I can't even get to the danged entune and phone features because I don't even own a smartphone. And I don't care. My imaginary sheep I can't see (they are imaginary, really) could all be lying in the meadow long dead and on their sides, the oranges rotting on the ground, and the tulips might never have sprouted and I'd never know it. I just drive the thing and smile knowing I'm polluting far less than 96% of everyone around me and driving an excellently designed car.

A neighbor happened by when I was jamming the J1772 into the back of the car and just said "Huh. How 'bout that!" I replied "Yup." And they went about their business, and I, mine.

#643 DavidA, Apr 21, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  4. benagi

benagi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I know I have a great car, but I do enjoy playing the eco game also. I brake go up the incline because cars in front of me are braking and I don’t want to hit them. If no one else has a better suggestion, I guess I will have to live with it or drive another daily route.

5. DavidA

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    :D OK, that's funny. And practical.

6. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    What do you mean the sheep are not real? May a herd of imaginary sheep leave imaginary fert in your yard.

HPrimeAdvanced and Mendel Leisk like this.
  7. DavidA

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Let them! I actually dare them to do it. In fact I double dog dare them. If they are still unwilling, then I triple dog dare them.

8. HPrimeAdvanced

HPrimeAdvanced Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Dude!
    You're doing SENSATIONALLY! I've seen your Eco scores.
    I can't get Entune to reflect what my car says I'm doing; the car will consistently report over 90s, and Entune smacks me with 83 or 85! And we're talking about Crippled Snail driving here on Sunday-morning-empty, flat surface streets! And Le PrimeSnail has lost his pole position due to one Tesla-destroying 310 mile trip to Bakersfield. No more oranges or pine trees. The sheep are apathetic!
    I continue with my EV/Power Mode exclusively; it makes the car so much fun in our combat zone urban environment!! The trip to Bakersfield took a little over 3 hours up and almost 4 hours back, all driven the same day! The devastating driving conditions are mainly due to loss of 2 lanes thanks to freeway construction!

I remember making the same trip each way in 2 hours, albeit at a SLIGHTLY faster clip in my Type R, or my Milano Verde!!
    The 6-cyljnder Milano got over 30 MPG (family of 5 on board!), while the 4-cylinder Type R got 21 MPG (premium only!), with just me on board!

My new GPS has been a lifesaver, after I initially challenged it's trustworthiness, and found it to be absolutely on the mark; what a great toy for the combat zone. Now if my Prime just had 1000 lbs less weight, and 2 less doors & seats I would never stop driving!! I still LOVE my Prime!

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.
    AChoiredTaste.com

benagi likes this.
  9. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Would that be a triple "sheep" dog dare?

10. DavidA

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yes. Yes it would.

11. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Sheep round up in 3 days. I am looking forward to May and better #s.

12. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    On the other hand, this is the best month I've ever had. I'm hoping for Gold status next month. All EV before and after and no miles while traveling in Italy for 2.5 weeks was certainly helpful.;)

Screenshot_20180428-063828.png Screenshot_20180428-063852.png Screenshot_20180428-063839.png Screenshot_20180428-063847.png Screenshot_20180428-063833.png Screenshot_20180428-063822.png

benagi, huskers and HPrimeAdvanced like this.
  13. CraigM

CraigM Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Now that the weather is getting better my sheep seem to get lost. Guess my occasional 150+ mile trips out to the coast keep the sheep and oranges from maturing.

benagi and HPrimeAdvanced like this.
  14. HPrimeAdvanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Way to go, Bubba!! I worship at your altar, since I completely fell off the (turnip truck!?) Eco Dashboard, so close to the finish!! The escargot is hoping for a Marvelous May!

AChoiredTaste.com

benagi likes this.
  15. Mark57

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    LOL, check's in the mail.:ROFLMAO:

I'm at 9.959 so I'm trying to put off the free oil change until after the 1st. I'm sure they'll run the engine for the oil change and I don't want to mess up my one chance for an all EV month. May will be down for me since I have long non-EV miles coming up.

16. HPrimeAdvanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    That's the trouble with that Eco Dashboard: you can't do it month after month unless you don't want to ever run that gas engine. And the only way to prevent running the gas engine, is to be OCD, and constantly charge your car during every trip!! If you travel a lot like I do, you eventually run out of time!! I still have to get to my clients in a reasonable amount of time! Yeah I know some wiseacre's going to tell me to go buy a Tesla; I just can't afford that turkey. I still like the OPTION of looking for a charge station, not the OBLIGATION to find one, that's why I'm a Prime candidate and owner.

AChoiredTaste.com

benagi and Mark57 like this.
  17. Mark57

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I've been doing pretty good though doing the balancing act of EV and gas trips weekly "and" maintaining 95+ scores. Being gone 2.5 weeks makes this the only month I'll probably ever have to go all EV in one calendar month.

18. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I would not get my hopes up for Gold status EVER. My wife and I have been driving prius since 2008, and tracking Eco Status/Trophies since 2012 and we have never seen the Gold status level. We were just happy to get our Eco tulips/flowers and Silver status after 3 months of wife's 16 mile RTrip commute + around town. We have had over 6 months of top 3 percentile or better and no Gold status. Here is my wife's Eco Ranking on the Prime;

How do I get these pics to show side by side?

HPrimeAdvanced and benagi like this.
  19. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    May 1st and all is well on the ranch. Sheep grazing, oranges on the tree, tulips showing off their color. No storm clouds on the horizon. Ranked #1.

benagi and HPrimeAdvanced like this.
  20. HPrimeAdvanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Relish the success, my friend!! Watch out, though, those sheep can be fickle!

AChoiredTaste.com