1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

We like sheep... on the ECO Dashboard

Discussion in 'Prime Fuel Economy & EV Range' started by Old Bear, Oct 15, 2017.

1. sesullivan

sesullivan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    You are right about problems with the back end. It's happened before and I escalated all the way up to Toyota corporate and they fixed it for a while. I got my gold back and kept it for a long time then it broke again. When I got my gold badge back then someone else managed to just beat me posting mine. After all that work getting Toyota (or rather their app contractor) to fix it I'd hoped to be first. So it goes.

2. sesullivan

sesullivan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Sometime in middle November I got an iPhone app update for the Entune app that replaced with a "go use the Toyota app" message. I had no idea they were removing it. :-( I enjoyed the feedback I got from it. So the sheep are now mutton, oranges orange juice and flowers sent to a wedding or other occasion. Bye bye entune app! You were much better at what you did than the boring "Toyota" app.

I still wonder who my main eco driving competitor was. His car was called Buzzhead. Anyone know who they are?

3. Helen Prieto

Helen Prieto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I don’t know Buzzhead but do you have any idea why I’m no longer getting notification on my iPhone when charging starts and when it completes?

4. sesullivan

sesullivan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I think it's because they ended the entune app support. The Toyota app does not seem to support charge notifications.

5. Old Bear

Old Bear Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I never did get the Toyota app to work on any of my android phones. Right after I acquired my 2017 Prime, I dug around and found an old APK to load a earlier version of the Entune app which seems to work well and is still working to provide info like charge status, Eco dashboard, remote climate, etc.

When I first signed up with Toyota, I set the charge completion notifications to send email to an email address which I then configured to send text messages to my cellphone and to Mrs Bear's cellphone. It also sends a reminder message if our Prime is parked near our house without being plugged in to charge.

The limitation of installing the old APK is that I have to make sure automatic updates are turned off on my phone. Otherwise, the Google Play store will try to update the app to the newest non-working version.

We-Like-Sheep-sm.jpg

Toyota-Entune-1.18.463.181-9047978-release460.apk

vvillovv likes this.
  6. Helen Prieto

Helen Prieto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Thanks it’s a shame they did away with that feature