1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

We said we're sorry.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Godiva, Apr 5, 2007.

1. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This happens occasionally. The VA hospitals have had their recurrent scandals ... here in Los Angeles, one vet was missing, and he was finally found ... in the elevator, slumped over in his wheel chair. The coroner said he had been dead at least 48 hours, and no one getting in the elevator ever checked him. That was in the 1970s.

I think the VA is the second largest department in the government after Defense, with 60 Billion or so being spent every year. Its still not enough because of how much they cover. If the condition the service man is being treated for is traceable to the time he was in the service, even if it appears decades later, his care is free. Other veterans without service-connected illnesses have co-pays, and they aren't very much. I have a cousin who retired from the Sub service after 20 years, and he pays very little for his medical care. His prescriptions are $8 for 90 days worth of medicine, for instance. And he does pay an insurance premium monthly, but it was pretty small (I don't recall the exact amount).

2. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Apr 5 2007, 11:07 AM) [snapback]418313[/snapback]</div>
    Well that's easy for you to say, how old is your wife and what does she say about the matter? Once into the late 30's and certainly after the age of 40 your not only putting your wife at greater risk but your child also. But no matter if there is a oopsy (commonly referred to as an unplanned pregnancy) you can always let her (‘her’ in this case is used instead of him to comply with the PC style of fair play for both sexes in a gender friendly/neutral fashion you could substitute him, it or simply the baby) go 90% through the birth process and then stick a pair of scissors’ into the base of her (once again and attempt to use gender friendly/neutral language see above) skull and SUCK her (I hope by now you get the idea, if not PM me please) brains out. That's the Barack Hussein Obama way (BTW, BHO supports partial birth abortions, this should have been a fairly clear clue that I was not talking about murdering your wife because to the best of my knowledge BHO has, as of today, not murdered his wife in this manner), oh and BTW if you're like BHO you can have a satisfying ciggy (a common but cute idiom for cigarette) after it all just to relax and melt away all that built-up tension.

p.s. I have edited my post and supplemented the text with other language in parenthesis in an attempt to assist the reading impaired. Because upon second reading I can see where someone of limited reading skills could get confused with my use of Politically Correct gender friendly/neutral language and I apologize for this easily avoidable gaffe. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Apr 5 2007, 01:18 PM) [snapback]418393[/snapback]</div>
    Don't second guess yourself you were right on the money first time. She posted this because it was some poor fellow in the VA and she was hoping to tie it to Bush or at least hope someother J@ckA$$ on this board would.

Wildkow

3. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Apr 5 2007, 03:49 PM) [snapback]418489[/snapback]</div>
    Who knows but I got to ask didn't you even try to ascertain the facts before hand?!? If not and I suspect that is the case you are in error for making inflammatory statements without knowing the facts or a least making some attempt to ascertain the facts. Akin to standing up in the middle of a crowded theater and yelling "I SMELL SMOKE!" but it doesn't surprise me cause you and all the lefties on this board are often this grossly negligent or just so full of hate for Bush that these type of comments just spew from your mouths like Pavlovian drool. :D

Wildkow

4. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Apr 6 2007, 04:47 AM) [snapback]418687[/snapback]</div>
    How old is my wife; what does she say about the matter? That's none of your f**king business. My comment was hypothetical anyway. The guy who had the operation is 47; for all you know, his wife is 27. Who the hell are you or anyone else to tell him (or me) or anyone else whether they should have children?
    I've seen some real sickass posts from you, Wildkow, but you've sunk to your lowest here. Did someone SUCK your brains out?

5. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Apr 5 2007, 05:49 PM) [snapback]418489[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, you are in error.

There is no way to link what did or did not happen to the budget to the screwup in this surgery.

Someone screwed up. If there was more money in the budget, would this person have been fired and a mistake proof doctor been hired in replacement to avoid this? No...

6. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Apr 6 2007, 04:47 AM) [snapback]418687[/snapback]</div>
    Well. SOMEBODY needs a hug....

7. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't think hugs are the recommended therapy for mad cow disease.

8. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Apr 6 2007, 01:09 PM) [snapback]418850[/snapback]</div>
    Maybe. But it's the liberal, tree-hugging, terrorist-supporting, pro-global change, pro-choice way...

9. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ZenCruiser @ Apr 6 2007, 01:02 PM) [snapback]418841[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry, no. Someone needs a lobotomy.

10. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Apr 6 2007, 09:27 AM) [snapback]418875[/snapback]</div>
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
    -- W.C. Fields

11. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ZenCruiser @ Apr 6 2007, 01:02 PM) [snapback]418841[/snapback]</div>
    That piece of sh_t brings up my wife; then talks about putting scissors in her skull and sucking her brains out (in his typical illiterate fashion, Wildkow's post wasn't totally comprehensible and I wasn't sure if he was suggesting sucking my wife's brains out or the hypothetical baby; either way, his post is disgusting). No, I know what that *sshole needs, and it isn't a hug.

12. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Apr 6 2007, 11:22 PM) [snapback]419182[/snapback]</div>
    Put him on ignore. Your bloodpressure will thank you and you won't be missing anything.

13. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Apr 7 2007, 12:22 AM) [snapback]419182[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I WAS being sarcastic and trying to defuse it a little, albeit much too late (and too little). I don't let people like that get under my skin too much, but I am thick-skinned from experience; I have an ex-wife. :)

14. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Apr 6 2007, 09:22 PM) [snapback]419182[/snapback]</div>
    Your language needs to be cleaned up. Your mock outrage needs to be worked upon as I'm quite sure you understood the process of partial birth abortions. Because if you did not understand it, I’m certain you would have mentioned it in your first reply, seeing as how that would have been a direct threat upon your wife. Which I did not do and my post plainly read could not be construed as doing. You also need to work upon your reading comprehension skills; I suggest a primary reader which includes the idiom "The Pot and The Kettle" hopefully it might make a connection with a synapse or two this time around.

Wildkow

p.s. I will edit my post and supplement the text in the post with other language in parenthesis that will help your reading comprehension. Because upon second reading I can see where someone of limited reading skills could get confused with my use of gender friendly/neutral language and I apologize for this easily avoidable gaffe. :)

15. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Apr 7 2007, 12:22 AM) [snapback]419182[/snapback]</div>
    You're right. He needs a lobotomy.

Until he gets one, he's on ignore. Too bad I'll still occasionally see his posts in other folks' replies.

16. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Apr 7 2007, 02:29 AM) [snapback]419262[/snapback]</div>
    F**k you and f**k your condescension. I assure you that my outrage is anything but "mock". And you have no right to talk about my wife. I won't even waste my breath getting into an argument over "reading comprehension skills"- I'll let others judge your limited ability to communicate anything but bile.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Apr 7 2007, 10:51 AM) [snapback]419348[/snapback]</div>
    I've put him on ignore also. He's dead to me. If enough other folks on this forum put him on ignore also, maybe he'll just go away like Mystery Squid.

17. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Apr 7 2007, 07:51 AM) [snapback]419348[/snapback]</div>
    Whatever. <_<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Apr 7 2007, 08:21 AM) [snapback]419356[/snapback]</div>
    Ditto. <_<

18. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Apr 7 2007, 08:21 AM) [snapback]419356[/snapback]</div>
    Well you're just plain wrong again, the Squid is alive and well in fact he's still posting as this topic shows. [attachmentid=7398]
    http://priuschat.com/index.php?s=&show...st&p=240057

Wildkow

Attached Files: