1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Weathertech 3D vs OEM and color choices

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by cleanneon98, Nov 26, 2016.

?
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. cleanneon98

cleanneon98 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey all, I have a 2012 Prius with black dash and plastics, but unfortunately gray carpet in the cabin and trunk. I need some all weather mats and am torn on what to do

OEM mats under $100, black in color, but not a bucket design like weathertech 3D

3D mats, my ideal purchase but torn on whether I should get gray to match the carpet or black to darken the interior that little bit more. I'm leaning to black but not sure if it's going to look stupid.

Trunk liner. I believe toyota makes one, so does weathertech, prices are comparable, but weathertech offers different colors. For the trunk, I'm also not sure if I want gray or black. Also wondering if either of these have a raised edge at the trunk lip that would interfere with sliding things in/out easily.

If you have a black / gray interior and either of the above mats I'd like to see a photo to see just how the black looks on gray carpet, or how gray looks on gray carpet, same with a trunk pic

I'm not against the OEM mats, they're just not my first choice. I've looked into the Cabelas version of the weathertech and they are not cheaper. Don't like the husky brand ones

2. K-Dub

K-Dub Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have had both Weathertech in my Escape and the Husky in my Prius. The Husky have spikes on the underside of the mats. My Weathertechs do not and they slide around constantly. I have to adjust the Weathertech's after each person leaves the car. The Husky ones haven't moved an inch since I've installed them. While maybe not as pretty the Husky mats absolutely get my vote.