1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Weathertech Cargo Mat now available for 2010 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Danny, Jul 8, 2009.

1. kawita

kawita Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This sounds great, any chance it will be made? Have they made it for the gen II or I?

2. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I stopped in again today at the WeatherTech® showroom in Downers Grove. Today's task was to figure out mat colors now that I have my car (and drive the new beast around a bit!). My '10 Prius is blue with the bisque interior. The rear deck is gray like all the other models, so the WeatherTech® light gray cargo mat looks best back there. No contest.

The problem for me is the front and rear floor mats. I took some ½ size samples out to the car. The bisque Prius carpet is off-white with both brownish and gray tones, so either the WeatherTech® beige or light gray mats look OK - but neither one is a slam-dunk best color match to that interior. I'm actually leaning towards gray for the back deck and then beige for the floors - kinda crazy.

1 person likes this.
  3. DetPrius

DetPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I received my OEM cargo mat yesterday. It fits well and uses kind of an overlapping hinge where rubber protrusions on one piece fit into slots on the bottom of the other piece. The underfloor storage is reasonably easy to use although the mat does make it a bit more work. You have to lift the mat to turn the locks and grab the little cloth pull handle to lift the floor. When you put the floor back down, the mat sticks up in the two rear corners so you have to push them down with your hands. It will contain some amount of spilled liquid but probably not as much as the WeatherTech, judging by the WeatherTech pictures I've seen.

For those thinking about weight, the UPS label had the package listed at 14 pounds, which probably included the cardboard box. The mat is fairly think and hefty.

4. indianagreg

indianagreg Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    With the Weathertech mat, it appears that there is a lip around the perimeter. If so, about how high? And if so, might this be a problem if one were trying to slide in cargo with the rear seats down?

Thanks!

5. DaveShepherd

DaveShepherd Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks for mentioning the difference in color between the cargo area and the front interior.

I just picked up the second Prius in my life two days ago: red with bisque interior. I was sitting here looking for cargo mats and floor mats, and I assumed that because my interior was bisque, the cargo area would be too. Then I went out to the driveway and looked, and sure enough, it's gray!

Eagerly awaiting those 2010 Weathertech floor mats. Right now I have AutoZone cheapies in there, and they leave a lot of floor exposed.

This is my first PC post in about 3-4 years. Funny how having a new car makes you pay attention to the Internet communities again!

6. DavidA

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congrats on the new car!

I still have the original paper mats from the dealer on the floors. :rolleyes:

WeatherTech is supposed to call me when either new design are available. You can fill out a form on their website or call them to get on their notification list. Either way, I'm erasing my earlier browser cookies* and hitting their site every few days. They've probably got a lot of people to contact when they become orderable.

* WeatherTech has a problem with site cookies not updating, so if you select Toyota / 2010 / Prius on the front page, it might pull up outdated info on what accessories they have for your car.

7. DaveShepherd

DaveShepherd Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks. I'll lose my cookies, go to their site, and sign up for notification.

8. DavidA

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Called WT today to check in on the WT floor mats. Two months ago they told me it would be a couple months. Today they told me another two months before they'd be ready. Time for an alternative for many of us.

9. DaveShepherd

DaveShepherd Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Got an email from WT today telling me the floor mats would be another "four to six weeks."

10. DarioBarrera

DarioBarrera New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Wait a minute here. Are you telling me the mats are delayed? Why the heck would they take orders and not post this info anywhere? I just placed my order a few days ago and I was told it would be 5-10 days. Am I really going to have to wait 4-6 weeks?

11. DarioBarrera

DarioBarrera New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If that's the case I am going to cancel my order and buy the OEM one for half the price.

12. DaveShepherd

DaveShepherd Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    What did you place an order for?

When I checked the Weathertech website last night, the product we're talking about was not listed for sale. We're talking specifically about the Digital Fit Floor Liner for the 2010 Prius. They have this for the Gen II, but not for the Gen III.

13. DarioBarrera

DarioBarrera New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Since the topic for this conversation is about the cargo mat I figured that's what you were talking about. I am going to guess you are talking about the regular floor mats, right?

For anyone that has ordered the Cargo Mat from WT do you know how long it takes to arrive?

14. DaveShepherd

DaveShepherd Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    All discussion about a delay was about the floor mats.

I got my WT cargo liner through the PriusChat shop and it arrived within about 5 days, I think. I imagine if MacNeil told you you'll have your cargo mat in 5-10 days, that's when it'll arrive.

15. bps

bps Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'm kind of confused as to why it is taking so long. It has been 5 months now. It's obvious that it's not a priority for them...

Bryan

16. Bill075

Bill075 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Ordered mine 9-28-09 Monday received 10-2-09 Friday by FedEx home delivery. It was shipped from Kansas, ordered from Chicago.

update:
    After making 3 different e-mail attempts to contact PriusChat shop and no response, I played it safe and ordered from the manufacture.

17. DaveShepherd

DaveShepherd Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Does anybody have any experience with or knowledge of these Exact Mats, available from the PriusChat Shop?

Looks like they're custom-cut for the 2010 as well, and it also looks like they're available now.

18. DaveShepherd

DaveShepherd Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Today I spent the Columbus Day holiday detailing my 2010 Barcelona Red for the first time. It looks good, except those stupid Advance Auto Parts cheap mats look like crap.

So I just decided I wasn't going to wait three or four more "4-6 week" intervals. I ordered the Exact Mats from the PC Shop. A bit cheaper, clear, presumably cut to the right size for my car.

Sorry, Weathertech. You took too long for me.

19. litterfisher

litterfisher New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have used weathertech in all my cars there just is no better investment.

20. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You will not be happy when it snows and all the salt water runs onto your carpet. They are far from perfect.