1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Weathertech "Digital Fit" Extreme Floor Mats now available for 2010 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Danny, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    With winter approaching and Toyota having put a "stop sale" on all Prius OEM all-weather mats, we're all going to be looking for some high-quality, well made rubber mats to keep the mud, slush and snow from ruining our Prius' carpet. With perfect timing, Weathertech has finally released their Digital Fit Extreme All-Weather Floor liners for the 2010 Prius. They're available in Black, Grey, and Tan. This is historically a very popular item that goes out of stock quickly, so get your order in early! PriusChat Shop : WeatherTech Toyota Prius Extreme-Duty Floor Liners (Photo is of the mats in a 2G Prius)

2 people like this.
  2. iota

iota New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Can anyone with a Gen III Prius post pictures of how close the WeatherTech colors are to their interior? I'm not sure if "Black" or "Grey" mats are going to be a closer match for the dark gray interior (or which color you would choose if you had light gray interior, for that matter).

Edit: I just received my Weathertech mats in Grey color and they are a PERFECT match for the Dark Grey interior.

If you are considering Weathertech mats and have the dark grey interior on your 2010 / Gen III Prius, get the Grey color - they look great!

AndreaG and E C O like this.
  3. chrisj428

chrisj428 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Iota,

I have the Dark Grey interior and will be going with the Black Mats. I figure that anything which shows up on black is easily removed (it doesn't stain).

Bluegrassman and E C O like this.
  4. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My car has a bisque interior. I had a difficult time choosing between light grey and beige. Bisque has elements of both those colors. The cargo liner is a slam dunk for light grey, as all GenIII cars have a light grey rear portion. I went the easy route and selected light grey throughout, though the beige up front wold also have matched pretty well.

1 person likes this.
  5. schoolchef

schoolchef New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Does anyone know how if these mats have a strong odor when new, and if so, does the odor dissipate after time?

6. banshee08

banshee08 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have had Weathertech matts in my Altima Hybrid for about 1.5 years and I don't remember them having a odor when I got them. If it did then the odor has dissapate really quickly.

1 person likes this.
  7. DavidA

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'll let you know in about 100 hours. Since they're brand spanking new and right off the mould, literally, there's bound to be some odor of plastic something or other. My plan is to let them unfurl on the front screened-in porch, and place them in the car a few days later.

8. FreakinToddles

FreakinToddles New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Why are these more expensive in the prius chat shop than in the MacNeil (manufacturer) website....? Usually PCShop is cheaper by a little...

9. DavidA

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Very low odor for something as large as these are.

1 person likes this.
  10. chrisj428

chrisj428 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    David,

I ordered mine on Sat and am wondering how slick the surface is, especially when wet. I know the regular rubber ones have some traction to them and was wondering if the Digital Fit ones were similar or if the material was harder (and, possibly, more slippery)?

11. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    They had little/no odor new for my G2 Prius. I just left them outside in my backyard for a day. No odor after.

12. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The front Floorliners are "hard" and not soft rubber like many other mats. It feels sorta slippery but not something I've ever worried about. The look really good in the car. So much better than factory style mats. My only quibble is that they are fairly thin so my drivers side mat has a dip in it where I usually set my left foot. The light colored mats are not the easiest to clean either. I work outdoors alot though so people who work in office buildings and have never had manure or tar on their feet need not worry. lol

13. Philosophe

Philosophe 2010 Prius owner

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Quick note for Canadians:

Front and second row mats are USD$160 on weathertech.com but CAN$210 on weathertech.ca...

Currently, USD$160 is CAN$172...

All things being equal (we have to consider shipping costs difference for the manufacturer), we lose CAN$38 buying from Canada...

14. chrisj428

chrisj428 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    F8L,

In your estimation is this something which could possibly become a wear issue (eg: under the right heel) or is it just conforming to contours?

15. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe if you wear spike heels and have a heavy leg. :)

I wear skater shoes or cowboy boots and I don't notice any wear in that spot but it does have a bit of deformation in that spot. If I think about it I will try and snap a picture and see if you can even see it in a photo. :)

16. DavidA

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Make sure they send you the floor clips!

Two weeks ago I ordered the cargo liner plus front and rear digital fit mats. Got the cargo unit a week back and the digital fit mats arrived today. I can't believe that with all the hubbub surrounding Toyota recalls and loose fitting mats that WT forgot to include the clips. Called immediately and in a few more days I might finally be able to have something under my shoes while driving.

I will post again when I have the front one in and secured.

17. Fussion101

Fussion101 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I ordered from weathertech on the 23rd and its still "in progress". Weathertech already chaged my cc last week. Anyone else with the same experience?

18. drmalone

drmalone New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I ordered mine on the 20th and the order was "in progress" for 10 days. They should be delivered today (Thursday). I'm sure there were a bunch of orders for them. They are well worth the wait.

19. R2Pre2

R2Pre2 Feel the Force!

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I'm familiar with WT mats and have them in another car. But they needed to be cut down to more closely match the interior contours.

Have these mats been designed to exactly match the 2010 Prius interior?
    Or do they also need to be cut to fit?

Thanks!

20. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    These are designed to exactly fit within the footwell of the Prius.

The "Premium Rubber" Weathertech Mats are the ones you may have had in the past and they do typically require some trimming to fit, but not the Digital Fit ones.