1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Weathertech "Digital Fit" Extreme Floor Mats now available for 2010 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Danny, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I posted pics of the current version of the mats for the Gen III Prius. I challenge anyone that has mats to prove that they no longer have the thin boarder or the driver side or mats that curl in on the passenger side. Everyone has a cell phone with a camera.

If you plan on never getting water, snow or mud on these mats why buy them.

2. SaintJude

SaintJude Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Whoa. You "challenge anyone?" Funny. These are car mats, dude.

Turdblossom likes this.
  3. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I keep reading that people are very happy with these mats and they work perfect. If they get wet the water runs on the floor. It is hard to believe people love that feature. Maybe they have a new mat that fixed the issue. I would like to see a pic of this mat.

Here is a pic of my WeatherTech mat as of today. It is about 2 years old. My Toyota OEM Weather Mats on my last car did not show any wear after 10 years and 305, 000 miles.

[​IMG]

4. Turdblossom

Turdblossom Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Look! Another Prius in which the WeatherTech Mats FAILED to keep the floor dry!

Attached Files:

SaintJude likes this.
  5. SaintJude

SaintJude Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I don't think my new WeatherTech mats would have helped much in the situation depicted here.

6. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It does not take this much water to flood the mats.

[​IMG]

It only takes this much water.

[​IMG]
    To create this issue

[​IMG]

What a great buy!!!!

7. SaintJude

SaintJude Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You got screwed. Glad I didn't.

Turdblossom likes this.
  8. zeoth

zeoth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Mine wraps in and creates a "bucket" so I don't believe it will leak. Then again I don't experience heavy rain or snow where I live.

9. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just installed a set for my 2012. The front mats look fantastic and fit extremely well! If I can remember todo it I am going to pour a red cup full of water into the driver side mat and see if it leaks. If it does I'll post pics so Judgeless will feel vindicated. :)

10. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    F8L you seem like a person that can take a quick pick of this part of the mat and post it here in this tread. Does it still look like this?

[​IMG]

Did they fix it on the 2012 mats? Did they block the hole so if water from your shoes leaks on the mat it will not get through. I would really be impressed if WeatherTech fixed the issue. I look foward to your pictures and responce.

[​IMG]

I hope the rim looks like the Huskey mats.

[​IMG]

11. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nah, they kept that part the same to aid access to the fuel door level. I remembered your picture of the Husky mats and wish WeatherTech had fixed the issue but they didn't. That is indeed the "low" spot on the mats. They changed the carpet fastener area a bit as well. It looks like they made it a little harder for it to leak. I took a picture this monring but I'll run outside and get a few more. BRB

12. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Judgeless was right. The mats cannot hold even a red Dixie cup of water. :) or is that :(

Not that I ever get that much water in the car but for those in snowy regions who wear deep-treaded footwear this could be a problem. I think I said that before but here is more proof from someone other than Judgeless. Pictures don't lie right?

[​IMG]

Low spot for access to fuel filler door
    [​IMG]

Common Dixie cup filled to the brim with water
    [​IMG]

a little over 3/4 of the water from the Dixie Cup
    [​IMG]

See the darker area of carpet around the carpet hook? Yup, it leaked.
    [​IMG]

For my needs these mats are awesome and they look great. I never had the wear issues on my old mats and I had my mats for many many miles. Hopefully the new ones last just as long. I would not purchase them if I lived in a snowy region, however.

13. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks for taking and posing the pictures. They did change the design a little to accommodate the new pegs. I am shocked they did not raise that border. With that small amount of water if you go around a corner will leak over the edge.

They might have designed it to make it easy to get to the gas release. I would rather it protect my car from weather. If you look at the Husky mats it does not look that hard to open the gas gauge.

As far as wear. I posted a pic after 1 year that showed wear. The pic above is from 2 years. I predict after about 4 years I will have a hole in these mats. I have a white collar job and I wear dress shoes.

14. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Aye, despite being parked at a slight angle, a moving car would have caused water to spill near the gas door release at some point. I agree that it would be better if they kept the full height. Either way, the place where it snaps into the carpet is too low as well.

15. k.s.c

k.s.c Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    has anyone done a side by side comparison of the 2012 Weathertech and the 2012 Huskys? I was thinking about buying them both and returning the ones that didn't perform but both have a "you can return less shipping, stocking, packaging, your first born" policy.

16. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    In Florida you should be fine with the WeatherTechs. The only way you can get enough water in them to cause a leak is with snow IMO. Even that would require shoes with deep treads or bringing the snow in on your shoes or lower legs. Rain doesn't cause such leaks. I use my car for outdoor work and even my ranch boots don't pick up enough water to come even remotely close to a leak situation. :)

17. k.s.c

k.s.c Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    F8L, considering they are priced fairly similar, should I just go for the husky mats? husky has x-act and WB has digital fit. only problem is that husky doesn't have x-act in the prius. So I guess the question is, which will fit better and look better without gaps?

18. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It really depends on how much Protection you need. I think the Husky mats will protect better but the WeatherTech mats look better. The front mats for my GenIII fit like a glove! There are no gaps. I'm not sure if I like the rear cargo mat, however. It is more flimsy than I expected. I should have just got the OEM all weather mat for the rear. It looks nice and is hinged for easier access to the floor storage.

AndreaG likes this.
  19. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    They do not fit like a glove. Look at this.

[​IMG]

The Husky mats are a better deal. The protect better and they fit better.

20. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    For the record, the ones in my 2005 never had a gap like that and the new ones in my 2012 do fit like a glove. The new mats are well, new so if that changes I will definitely post new pictures. My intent is not to argue with or discredit Judgeless. I just want to make sure we have as much information as possible. :)

SaintJude likes this.