1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Weathertech "Digital Fit" Extreme Floor Mats now available for 2010 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Danny, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Post pictures. Pictures are worth a 1,000 words. I have posted pictures of wear, leaking and a horrible fit. F8l has only had his mats for a few weeks. He has proven they will leak and I predict after a year he will see that the will show signs of wear and they will warp.

Why would anyone invest money is a poorly designed mat? It is not rocket science to design a mat. WeatherTech screw this one up.

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I sold my 2005 to a co-worker with the old WeatherTech mats in it but she is on maternity leave until October. When she gets back I'll get pictures. When i sold it to her they still fit fine although not as well as my GenIII mats. As for my new mats you can see from the picture above that they fit well. I will definitely update them if this changes. :)

3. k.s.c

k.s.c Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    It is obvious that the Judge is not happy with WeatherTech. I partially think he proved his point but on the other hand, I bought those $80 LED lights from iJDMtoy and they fit and they said "sucks for you" (sort of but that was the point they made) and so I hate them like he hates WeatherTech. I'm thinking that maybe I'll try and find a local place who I can buy the weather tech and husky mats from. This way I can return the ones that stink without issues.

In Florida, snow is not an issue. Sand and dirt is. We get rain but like F8L pointed out, unless I'm leaving a window open, I'll never have a cup of water in the car. I'm just trying to find something that will catch the dirt so that instead of having to do the thing where I pull the mats out and beat them and shake them and vac them to get the dirt out, I can just do a fast vac and call it a day. At the same time. I want something with a bit of a dish or lip on it to help prevent the dirt from just sliding off and back onto the carpet. I also want something that is going to look nice. Interestingly enough, when I was in college I purchased a used cop car. I couldn't find any mats that I liked for the car but I was able to find a full rubber floor. Apparently Ford made a vinyl floor option. I had to pull up all the seats and everything but it was great. I could vac the car in under a minute. I wish they had a similar option for the prius.

4. tpcello7

tpcello7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have the OEM rubber mats, but find the rear and passenger mats slide all over the place. Is there any way to secure them in place?

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The WeatherTechs will work just fine in a situation like yours. They work for me in similar conditions. :)

6. Cab 2545

Cab 2545 Going where no man has gone before

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I got these mats for my taxi. Driving in Denver Colorado, I encounter lots of in and out in snowy conditions (the worst!) and these mats just eat it up!
    While they do go high for most people I'd like to see them cover all of the carpet, a max version if you will.
    Over all I am very satisfied, and recommend them.

7. Netbook

Netbook Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Are you sure they are the same mats? I live in a snowy area and can get over 1 gallon of water from just me in one day. The next day the water is still there. I would not recommend these mats to anyone.

It is odd that this is your first post and you love the mats. Do you work for WeatherTech?

8. GrumpyDave

GrumpyDave Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If you dump a gallon of water into your floor mat where exactly would you expect it to be the next day? If it's still in the mat and not in the carpet then I'd call that a win. Is it supposed to just magically disappear between trips?

Accusing him of working for WeatherTech is just a cheap way of dismissing his opinion because you don't agree. I don't see anything in his post that would suggest it. He even mentions an improvement he'd like to see made to the product.

9. Cab 2545

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Yes I do love them. If water is pooling in the mats, that is the point to protect your carpet. It's an easy clean. And they are protecting my investment.

10. Netbook

Netbook Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You live in Phoenix and do not understand snow. After getting in and out of the car 2-3 times in snow with boots it leaves about gallon of water.

This guy drives a taxi and has many people getting in and out with snowy boots. He should get a lot more water than a gallon. There is nothing to eat it up. Once full it flows on to the carpeting. A huge issue with the WeatherTech mats are the low borders as posted here.

Weathertech "Digital Fit" Extreme Floor Mats now available for 2010 Prius | Page 15 | PriusChat

Water gets on the carpet fast. Other designs have fins that hold 1-2 gallons of water. Over time it evaporates. These mats do not have that it just sloshes from side to side. I would never by these mats again.

11. Netbook

Netbook Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  12. GrumpyDave

GrumpyDave Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    That's a more complete answer. In your first post the only argument you made was that water on the mat is still there the next day.

13. Netbook

Netbook Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    There is nothing complex about floor mats. They serve a purpose or they fail at it. WeatherTech failed this time unless you live in an area that has no bad weather.

Having water that overflows on the carpet because the borders are to low is bad. Having water still there the next day that sloshes from side to side when you go around a corner is not good.

I have had these mats since 2010 and would never recommend them to anyone.

14. Cab 2545

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    We just had a snow storm in Denver, biggest of the year. Water does pool on the mats, but not so, much that its in issue. Gallons? No never saw that.

Do I wish the edges were higher? Of course. Given the high use/ in and out of my business I want it all covered up.

Pictures speak.

image.jpg image.jpg

15. Netbook

Netbook Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    In snowy weather the snow sticks to the bottom and sides of your shoes and boots. In the warm car it melts. After getting in and out of the car a couple of times you can have almost a gallon of water.

Are you saying in Denver is magically disappears? Here is how it looks on the Husky mat.

[​IMG]

The WeatherTech mats have low borders.

[​IMG]

Compared to the Husky mats

[​IMG]

And this happens

[​IMG]

The issue would be a lot worse but I use a towel to remove the water off the mat when we are getting a lot of snow.

16. TLCESQ

TLCESQ Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Got my Wathertechs! Went with black on my tan interior because OEMs were also black. Seriously sharp looking. Fit so much better than OEMs and since I pick up slugs (car-riders) daily, wanted best protection for coming winter.

17. 50MPGPAUL

50MPGPAUL Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    strange. I purchased a set off priuschat for a 2015 prius, and my driver side does not have a cutout for the fuel release handle. I just emailed weather tech and priuschat.com , and hopefully we can get this sorted out. Otherwise, on a light gray interior, the dark gray digfit liners look sweet! 2014-11-05 22.11.16.jpg

18. PriusC_Commuter

PriusC_Commuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Looks like you received the Plug-in version. The Liftback one has the proper cutoff.

19. HondaTheNextOne

HondaTheNextOne Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    What is the going rate for these?
    I need a set for my 2013 Prius 3.
    Looks like the weather tech site has them for $99.95 (base rate).

^^^i see above me those do not fit. Plug in? Liftback? What is the difference?

PriusGuy32 likes this.
  20. RhettP

RhettP Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    So it looks like these mats aren't that great from the reviews. I was thinking of getting them because others say the carpet mats are worth a crap either. I really don't need weather tech tho, I live in so cal where we dont have rain. Any other good rubber ones out there?