1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Weathertech Extreme-Duty Floor Liners PHOTOS PLEASE

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by McDonald, Jun 29, 2008.

1. McDonald

McDonald New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have read all the threads on these floor liners (NOT THE MATS), and definitely want to buy some. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any photos or anyone's testimony about grey or black liners on a grey interior.

I have a Black Prius with grey interior, and am thinking about going with the grey. I know that a lot of people have been disappointed with the tan liners not matching the bisque interior, so I am wondering what the grey looks like in real life. I could go with black, but I feel that this will make the interior look/feel smaller. Does anyone have pictures of these liners (either in black or grey) in the car with grey interior?

My car's carpet thanks you in advance!

This is the product in the PriusChat shop that I'm talking about, in case you don't know!

And they look like this, supposedly!
    [​IMG]

2. fcc

fcc New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    did you take a good hard look at the OEM all weather mats?
    after seeing those in person i bought them.
    i have to admit though, weather tech looks nice too!

3. McDonald

McDonald New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I like those, they're similar to what I had in my pre-Prius car, a VW Jetta. I do feel that dirt is not as easy to wash out from the rubber grooves as it would be a flat plastic liner.

I liked the WeatherTech because I could have the matching cargo liner too, and because I like that the grey color is not as dark as the black mats would be. But they are expensive, that's for sure.

I'm considering all my options, thanks!

4. NaptownPrius

NaptownPrius Getting Greener....

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Here you go...they're dirty as they are doing their job great!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. McDonald

McDonald New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks, found those in another thread. I am looking more photos of the grey liners on grey interior, or black liners on grey interior.

6. 4G63

4G63 I quit boosting

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    i think they're a bit expensive but wow the fitment is simply perfect!

7. Lexus_Prius

Lexus_Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    looks like a good choice assuming they aren't too heavy, I'll look into them :) they make them for all sorts of makes/models

8. BigDeal

BigDeal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    I have the gray liners with gray interior. I think they look really good. The fit is excellent. If you don't get any pics posted, I will try to remember to take a picture of mine after work today and post tonight.

9. McDonald

McDonald New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks so much! How flexible are they, are they more rubbery or more plastic-y? I was hoping for something more plastic that holds it's shape and doesn't stick to your shoe.

10. BigDeal

BigDeal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Here's your photos.........:)

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  11. BigDeal

BigDeal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Forgot to mention they are more plastic-y, I guess. They should hold their shape very well and certainly shouldn't stick to your shoe.

Connie

12. McDonald

McDonald New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hallelujah, they are perfect! Definitely going with the grey, they look great! Very excited!

13. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have them - they're really very nice and are more "solid" than they might look in the pictures. The one thing that I don't like about them is the fact that there's nothing beneath the accelerator pedal (probably because they don't want to deal with the liability of the mats possibly interfering with the pedals). As a result, a bit of crap gets in there. You can see that in the pictures on the last page.

14. McDonald

McDonald New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks for the info! I wish I could see them in person somewhere, but don't think it'll happen. I'm going to go for it.

15. Prius_Gnome

Prius_Gnome Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't mean to hijack this thread, but does anyone know what seat covers NaptownPrius is using?
    Thanks.

16. oregonmike

oregonmike Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry to add to the hijacking, was thinking the same question myself... :cool:

17. Bohous

Bohous New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

I've seen those before. I'm sure if you do a search for "seat covers" they will show up in other threads with more info. The first thing I thought when I saw those pics is, why didn't he/she go with the black mats? With those black seat covers the black mats might have looked pretty sharp, especially given how poorly the beige matches.

18. McDonald

McDonald New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Happy Birthday Naptown Prius!!

19. Prius_Gnome

Prius_Gnome Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    NaptownPrius told me that the seat covers in his pic are Wet Okole's. Their website says it is made of neoprene and the front seat set starts at $235 (lowest option and doesn't include shipping).

They look nice but for that kind of money, I'm starting to wonder if I should look into dealer-installed leather or get an entire set of GTCovers for about $300.

20. johnsmithy

johnsmithy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just purchased a set of weathertech mats for my 07 prius in grey and i have to say that they are not up to the quality i have come to expect from them. This is my second set, my first for my 4runner was exceptional and the fit was as advertised. Unfortunately the fit for my prius was poor at best.

I will include pictures to show what i mean.

I contacted them via email and their response was my mats fell within their production tolerance. My main concern was around the drivers side near the door. Their completely rediculous response was to say that they build the mats that way because toyota's fuel door lever placement varies from car to car! By that logic, toyota has to custom fit their OEM floormats for each car! Wow

Anyways, I'm hoping to return them, I'm still waiting for a response from them as to whether they wil accept them back.

I'll keep you posted.

Attached Files: