1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Weathertech Extreme-Duty Floor Liners PHOTOS PLEASE

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by McDonald, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I had the OEM all-weathers in my '06 Prius. The driver's side mat fell apart in less than a year and a half--the grooved sections in the middle separated. I wouldn't buy them again.

2. fcc

fcc New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    very interesting. i will keep an eye on them and report back to this thread
    after some time has passed.

frankly if they go bad after such a short amount of time i will take them back
    to the toyota dealership and ask why they are selling me shoddy mats!

good advice. thanks.

3. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Attached is a picture of my Toyota All Weather mats.

Attached Files:

• mats.jpg
      mats.jpg
      File size:
      117.4 KB
      Views:
  4. fcc

fcc New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    yikes! that is worse then i thought. it will be very obvious if mine start falling
    apart like that.

has anyone else reported such problems with them or just lucky you? :-|

5. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hadn't really asked around--I don't know anyone else with them. I was the only one in the local Prius group with them and, after this experience, will likely remain the only one. :)

BTW, my new Prius has a Dark Grey interior; I was thinking of getting black Weathertech floorliners. Anyone have pics? I wouldn't mind lightening up the interior, but thought that the regular grey might be too light.

6. Snagtooth

Snagtooth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Has anyone got any pics of the weathertech mats black/grey in a bisque interior? My searched yeilded none, but maybe I missed 'em.

I am doing a custom 2-tone leather interior in my white w/ bisque 2008 and am leaning towards the black weathertechs as my seats will have a dark graphite leather body wrap and the insert will be a putty color to accent the dash and door accents. The leather samples matched the interior colors nicely, so the floor mats are my only doubt at this point.

Also curious if anyone can comment on the fit of the weathertechs in a 2008 model as a previous poster mentioned the fit issue. Anyone do a recent buy and care to comment?

And yes, I will post some pics when my interior is done to share.

thx much.

7. echase

echase New Member

I love the black in my 2008 bisque. Matches the dash, so it all works together. I considered grey, but decided on black. Tan was not an option since it was not a color match.

Rear seat and cargo fit is incredibly perfect, looks like part of the car. The front fit is very good, IMO, but not quite perfect. There is a tiny gap between the driver door and the matt. (maybe 1/4 inch) I'll post pics after work.

8. Snagtooth

Snagtooth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Great! Thanks mate. I suspected the color would really compliment the dash too. Glad to hear it does. I'll look forward to your pics later!

My leather install is set for Wed. of this week. I will try to post some pics in the newbie forum later in the week as my work schedule allows.

thx again.

9. Jedi2099

Jedi2099 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I actually got my liners today for my New 08' and just put them inside the car. I had basically the same experience you did..

The Back Row and the passenger liners fit like a glove - They look awesome!

But the Driver Liner dosent fit as good on the left side - Basically the whole edge next to the door - Its "off". It just dosent want to sit the way it should. Im not sure if its the 2 Hooks to hold it down or something else - gotta play with it later - but it seems to be an issue with these since ive seen others comment on the same thing.