1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WeatherTech for 2014 PIP Trunk Area

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by PhilBlank, Jul 9, 2015.

1. PhilBlank

PhilBlank Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Does anyone know if the WeatherTech for a standard prius will fit the PIP?

I don't need access to the storage compartment - just need to protect the trunk area from a potential spill.

Thanks,

Phil

2. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    You can google weathertech and get their toll free number and call them and they can probably help you.

3. Ken Blake

Ken Blake Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    It will not. The shape of the interior on the passenger side is different on the PiP. I bought a custom fiberglass sub box, made for the passenger side cubby, and it wasn't even close to fitting. It's because of the charge port being located on that side.

Redpoint5 likes this.
  4. Nobody123

Nobody123 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I tried a Toyota OEM trunk mat from a base Prius into a PiP and it does not clear the hump for the charger. I'm assuming the Weathertech brand mat will be the same unless you trim it, and Weathertech does not offer one specifically for the PiP.

So my answer is 95% "NO" unless you trim the Weathertech. You could contact Weathertech directly and ask their opinion.

I ended up just getting the Toyota OEM trunk mat specifically made for the PiP: My new PiP - helpful comments appreciated | PriusChat