1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WeatherTech or HuskyLiner Mats?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by FranklinS, Sep 20, 2013.

?
  1. WeatherTech

25 vote(s)
    64.1%
  2. HuskyLiner

14 vote(s)
    35.9%
  1. FranklinS

FranklinS Ach crivens ye scunners!

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wet weather coming soon. Opinion on which mat set I should get?

2. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have the Husky Liners- IIRC the sides are higher on the Husky Liners so it helps keep more junk, snow, water, etc... on the mat vs slopping over onto the carpet.

3. mrstop

mrstop PWR Mode

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Very satisfied with my Husky liners. 1 year and no problems.

4. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Are you comparing Weathertech Floor Liners or Weathertech Floor mats?

If you are comparing "Mats"....I think I'd go with the HuskyLiner Mats.

If you want a good looking floor liner, The Weathertech digital fit floor liners are the most appealing looking option.

5. FranklinS

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Mats. The mats from Husky are called "Husky Liner Weather Beater floor mats" I have a WeatherTech liner which I prefer but I am specifically looking for mats now. I know this is a re-hash but was looking for a quick vote/opinion.

6. The Electric Me

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    As a fellow Oregonian, I say why do you feel you need the mats if you already have the liners?

To be honest, I'd probably purchase ONLY mats if I was doing it over. But for most Oregon environments I find the weathertech liners to offer excellent protection. I don't feel I need anything else.

My only criticism of the light gray colored liners is how quickly they show dirt. But as far as protection goes they are great.

7. FranklinS

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have a hatchback liner cause I have a 9 year old that likes collecting rocks, shells and dirt. I will need mats cause I often wear Vibram soled shoes that collects mud, sticks and small vermin.

8. The Electric Me

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ah...well good luck.

I have the weathertech hatchback liner and the digital fit liners for the driver, passenger and back seat.

When clean, they look great, and they protect fantastically....

But they do show the dirt, and trap any water or moisture so well that I find myself cleaning the liners quite often. There is very little covert absorption of any matter. Which I suppose it good if your goal is just keeping the interior clean.

My old OEM all weather rubber mats in my Honda Fit, protected but also hid some of the dirt for at least a period of time. I could get by with NOT cleaning them after a rain storm.

Don't find that to be the reality, unless I just ignore how it looks with the light gray colored Digital Fit Liners.

I'm not unhappy with the liners....but I think I'd go with "mats"---probably the Husky, if I was starting over from scratch.

9. FranklinS

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So if I read you right you are saying that you prefer the smaller mats as opposed to the "custom fit" larger and lipped liner/mats for passenger and driver? I am concerned about collecting water puddles in a lipped mat/liner cause it does rain a bit in our Orygun.

10. The Electric Me

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No, what I'm saying is that while I like the custom fit look and protection of the digital fit liners....not made of rubber, they are hard to keep looking clean.

The Husky Mats...and Weathertech Mats both are made of a different material than the digital fit liners.

If I had to do it over again, I think I'd get "custom fit" mats as opposed to the liners.

But actually we are talking about 3 different products here, by two different manufacturers, and from what I've read and heard they are all good products.

11. Southbound

Southbound Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Can't speak for Husky but I have WeatherTech and they are great, I have the sidewall ones. Good product.

12. FranklinS

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Here is what we are talking about:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Southbound

Southbound Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    From what is shown above: my wife has the floor mats and I have the liners; while the mats are good, the liners are better. Mats will do a good job, liners a better job.

14. Southbound

Southbound Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    ..Both Weathertech that is...

15. zander

zander Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Weather Tech is BETTER

16. Chris Maynard

Chris Maynard Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Does anybody know whether the black or the light gray would look better in the Dark Gray interior of my Prius? I read above that the light gray ones show dirt but I'm worried that the black might be odd looking. I just got my car and I want to get mats or liners before the winter sets in.

17. mrstop

mrstop PWR Mode

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have the gray husky liners in my dark gray interior and they look just fine. The match the color of the carpeting which is light gray.

18. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    As an alternative, I purchased ( year and a half ago) the OEM mats and cargo liner and I'm very happy with them

19. car compulsive

car compulsive Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've had the Husky liners, Weathertech rubber mats, and Weathertech digital-fit liners in various vehicles over the years. My opinons from worst to best:

- Weathertech rubber mats are only semi-custom are usualy require trimming of the rear mats to get them to clear seat tracks, etc. Lots of carpet is usually exposed around the edges and winter slop gets on that exposed carpet. I have only bought these mats on a couple vehicles that did not have Weathertech digital liners.

- Husky Liners have an rugged, industrial look and provide good carpet coverage. However, they don't extend very high up the sides and, on some vehicles, melted snow tended to run over the edge of the liner in the corners. I generally prefer Husky liners for rear cargo areas.

- WeatherTech digital liners are my go-to winter liners for all of my vehicles. With my current daily driver Prius and Ridgeline, I leave them in year round. They have high edges and do a great job covering all of the carpet. I regularly recommend these liners.

That said, I use the Toyota rubber liner for the rear cargo area on the Prius as it provides easy access to the lower trunk area.

ftl likes this.
  20. ataylor2

ataylor2 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Only thing I dont like about the Husky Liners is that they dont use the factory retention hooks and mine scoot up a couple inches.