1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WeatherTech Rear Cargo Mat

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Oldwolf, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Oldwolf

Oldwolf Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    I am thinking to order a WeatherTech rear cargo mat for my 2005. Before I do so, I wanted to hear from you guy as to its quality. I can get it here are PriusChat for $105 shipped, which is better than Amazon and Ebay.

On thing though. I have the Bisque interior and have read here that the Tan is not a good match and that I should order the black one.

Thanks.

2. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Man I hate mine I bought here. Its excellent quality, very strong and tough but you cannot stow anything on it as its super slippery hard plastic. Whatever you put on it shoots off it like its greased.
    Useless.

What I did do was go to the fabric store and bought muslin (i think thats whats its called like canvas) and bought a big enough piece to drape over the entire back with the seats down. Any doggie dirt or spills and it goes into the big industrial washer machine at the commercial laundry mat. About twice a year. Easy.

If you still want one after this testimonial I'll sell you my Weatherguard for $20 plus shipping. Its mint hardly ever used. Paypal. PM me. I have Bisque interior and the mat is black.

Everything else I have bought at PC shop has been great though especially the windshield sun visor. Going on 4 years and still in great shape. Use that everyday.

3. hep1966

hep1966 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If the OP doesn't buy the mat, then I would be interested. Question though, is it a weather guard or weather tech mat?

4. Oldwolf

Oldwolf Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    PM sent to edthefox5.

5. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The mat is OK, it's good quality and fits well, but in the years that I've had mine it hasn't made any difference (I could have just cut a wal-mart blanket for a much lower price).

6. bogeybob513

bogeybob513 rtc513

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have a WheatherTech rear cargo mat for my 2006-it fits perfectly, has raised edges so fluid can't leak, and goes well with the beige interior. Have not noticed any "hardness".

7. hep1966

hep1966 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Could a few members post pictures of their mats installed so that I can see the color differences? I'm thinking about placing an order.

8. bdifr78

bdifr78 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a related question.

Will the 10'-12' Toyota OEM All Weather cargo mat or floor mats fit a 04'-09'?

9. GuamKelly

GuamKelly Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I LOVE mine. I SCUBA dive, and without it my gear would be dripping all over the carpet. With it, I get home, unload and clean my gear, take out the liner and hose it out. Air dry for a bit, ready to go. I haven't noticed an issue with stuff sliding around -- Edthefox must be one of those hot-foot young whippersnappers who terrorize the neighborhood racing about in their Prii (grin)!

BTW, I ALSO have and highly recommend the front floormats by Weather Tech for the same reasons AND because they don't slide around like the OEM ones did. They have holes to slide the floor hooks into, and since they fit the form of the floor pan they don't move AT ALL. With the OEM ones, seems like I was adjusting them on a daily basis.

10. Oldwolf

Oldwolf Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Well, I am going to buy Edthefox's rear mat and give it a go! Thanks all for your input.

11. Oldwolf

Oldwolf Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    I got Edthefox's WeatherTech mat yesterday. Once it sits in the hot car for awhile it will fit itself into its proper shape.

[​IMG]