1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WeatherTech Sunshade

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by RIKER, Jun 2, 2015.

1. RIKER

RIKER Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The full heat of summer hasn't arrived yet, but I bought a WeatherTech Sunshade to help keep the interior a little cooler than if nothing was used. This is cut to fit the dimensions of the Gen 3 windshield. They even include winged tabs to cover the forward side windows. That's a nice detail; it also helps keep the sunshade firmly in place. I've always used generic sunshades in my cars over the years and wanted to have something to fit the Prius properly. This one does just that. I think the combination of the reflective foil surface on the insulated shade will perform better than the generic style I've used in the past. They advertise that it can be used with the black side up during the winter to help prevent ice build-up. I didn't bother to try it that way this past winter.

The only potential downsides are (1) it's pretty big even when rolled up at 5" dia x 35-36" long so it takes up a fair amount of space in the backseat area when not installed, (2) it has to be rolled tightly to get the velcro retaining strap to lock, and (3) it's stiff which makes it kinda tough to fit around the interior rearview mirror. I expect that third one will improve with usage as it begins to bend a little more easily around the rearview mirror. I guess its price would be a fourth issue, since it costs more (at $49.95) than a generic sunshade from Wal-Mart or AutoZone, etc. I'm still happy with it. 010 (Medium).JPG 012 (Medium).JPG 020 (Medium).JPG 024 (Medium).JPG 026 (Medium).JPG 027 (Medium).JPG

Burna J likes this.
  2. Nobody123

Nobody123 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I have the same thing. You have to get the first couple of folds really tight. Otherwise the velcro strap won't reach around.

[​IMG]

Burna J likes this.
  3. qdllc

qdllc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I used something like that in the past on other vehicles. I just got tired of messing with it all the time. :(

4. boypoknat

boypoknat New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    nice looking for my gen 3 prius also. thanks