1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Week of the nutjobs?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by JSH, Mar 11, 2009.

1. JSH

JSH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It looks like this week is turning out to have a very high body count for nutjobs with guns.

Sunday: Man kills paster while he is preaching
    Tuesday: Alabama man kills 10 in 3 towns including random people he drives by
    Wednesday: Teen in Germany kills 13 people at school and 3 random people along the road.

Makes me wonder if we will have more copy cats as the week goes on. Very very sad.

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    All of the publicity brings them out. Maybe we should ban the press instead of guns. ;)

Tom

3. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Its going to get worse as more and more people lose jobs and get desperate.

4. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  5. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep, ban free speech not guns?

6. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    That teen in Germany, I'd like to know if he played violent video games. It seems that we are desensitizing young people to violence

Perhaps that why young people make such good "soldiers" in Winnipeg street gangs

7. Dave_PH

Dave_PH New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    That's horrible for all of the people who were shot because they were unarmed.

8. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That was my thought. I'm glad we agree. :rolleyes:

Tom

9. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Well, that's TWO people (and a special overseas citation) the NRA will award Gold Medals to for exercising their right to bear arms.

10. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
  11. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Kinda ironic how my comment about violent video games went over like a brick s*** house

12. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No, I think you may have a point there. Except that brick shithouses don't go over well at all, being so much more difficult to huff and puff and blow down than wooden ones. Oh wait, that was your point about your point. ;)

Must be a full moon.

13. AussieOwner

AussieOwner Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When I was driving cabs full time, we all used to comment that the full moon would always bring out the weirdos - it was amazing the number of unusual people who be out on full moon nights. Maybe you have something there Hyo.

And jayman - totally agree. I have seen a number of commentaries about the fact that kids feel violence is just a normal way of life, all because of the games. Trouble is, we would get an equal number saying the opposite.:(

14. Dave_PH

Dave_PH New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

I don't buy the video game thing. When I was a kid we ran around shooting each other with toy guns but I haven't shot anyone yet and neither have any of my childhood friends.

I agree it's that free press thing.

15. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey, even I played with toy guns, and I still watch where I walk so I don't step on any bugs. The violence and realism in 'modern' video games is light years removed from squirt guns.

16. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Probably because Germany has some of the toughest gun laws in Europe.

Wildkow

17. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Stev0 while people aren't even over the shock of having family and friends murdered that your comment is funny? What an nice person. :mad:

Wildkow

18. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Um, yeah, I think that was my point. Now you have me all confused

:confused:

19. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    When I was a kid, we also played with little toy guns, played Cowboys and Indians, etc (We always took turns, so not one person was the Cowboy all the time)

We also knew our toy guns were toys, and we would never ever have dreamed of pointing a real gun to "play." For that matter, we would never have dreamed of actually hurting another person

There were always guns in the house. I was taught at a very young age that guns are serious stuff, that they are designed to kill, not play with. Of course, my Dad was in the Marines in Korea, so he had also had plenty of instruction on proper firearms handling. My Dad also left his keys in the car parked outside, and we never locked the door for the house. This was Southern Utah in the early and mid 1970's

Now, despite the strict gun (Civilian) control laws in Canada, we have 12-14 year olds packing handguns in their street gangs. People here have learned to fear kids, as if you actually do try to discipline a kid or defend yourself, all the do-gooder Social Workers and retard lawyers will come down on your nice person

Or, like the case of Vince Li, a person can run completely monkeys***, chop the head off an innocent person, desecrate the corpus (The nut actually ate some of the body parts, including the heart), and as a society we will tell that nut "there there, it wasn't your fault. You're just as much a victim as that poor soul you didn't mean to eat"

Now, this really can't be happening, because according to Michael Moore's "fact filled" documentary "Bowling for Columbine" - here in Canada you can buy a handgun at a Wal Mart, including the ammo. That in places like Windsor, nobody remembers the last time there was a homicide

Hint: Handgun sales have been restricted here for a long time now. You absolutely can NOT buy a handgun at a wally world. Handgun sales are approved by the police. Ammo sales requires a Possession And Acquisition Certificate. Windsor absolutely has a homicide rate, though not as bad as Winnipeg does.

Yet despite all this overt government control, including the Long Arms Registry, we have a pretty serious problem with gangs, grow ops, street violence, and "hidden" crime (People no longer report theft under $5,000, most car theft, uttering threats, vandalism, as the police no longer even respond to such events)

So if things are so much "better" now, why do I need a monitored alarm system, a wary eye when out at night, and why am I expected to give smart nice person teenagers a wide berth on the street?

20. Dave_PH

Dave_PH New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Do you think video games caused the changes?