1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Weekend charge time

Discussion in 'Prime Plug-in Charging' started by Oldad, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Oldad

Oldad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    The departure charge time throughout the week works great for the kilowatt-hour adjustment. however on the weekends I want to set it to charge at any given time, Saturday or Sunday! I can't seem to accomplish this. Does anyone know how to perform the settings to make an all-day charge event allowing to charge anytime it's plugged in.?

New prime owner here, thanks in advance for your help!

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    isn't there a 'charge now' override?

3. Oldad

Oldad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    yes bisco, however if you don't punch the charge now button it will not charge. I thought my scheduling for an all-day charging event you would simply plug it in at any given time, however it doesn't look like that!

Ol'Dad in da MiddleofdaMitten!

bisco likes this.
  4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If you only have one setting for the weekday, then maybe turn it off until a Sun night? That way, you have no scheduled charge for the weekend.

5. benagi

benagi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I have a set schedule for every day of the week to have the car charged by 8:00am the next morning. But some times I need to go out again later after I get home. So I start the charge immediately by plugging in until the greenl light comes at the plug, then quickly unplug it and plug it back in. This will by pass any set schedule and start charging your car.

6. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I hadn't noticed that. I have seen that, if you open the car door, the scheduler pops up on the small screen and you can use the buttons on the steering wheel to tell it to charge now. But your way sounds quicker.

benagi likes this.
  7. Oldad

Oldad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Thanks for all your help guys, my issue with plugging in twice to charge is simply wear and tear on that plug. The old Prius used to have a button at knee level to push charge now, sometimes I forget to tap that on the LCD screen and then have to double plug. Kind of disenchanting. Maybe I can suggest to Prius to put that in the next software update!

Ol'Dad in da MiddleofdaMitten!