1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Weird 2014 V door lock issue

Discussion in 'Prius v Technical Discussion' started by eneref, Nov 8, 2019.

1. eneref

eneref New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    I recently replaced the door lock actuator on the passenger side, and it all was fine. A week later, the driver side actuator went, so I replaced it. They're an easy fix. But now, something really... odd... is happening.

The actuator works. I can lock/unlock via the key fob and inside buttons with no issues at all. But if I go somewhere, stop the car, and get out, I can't lock via ANY of the buttons on the outside (rubber trunk lock button, passenger side door handle lock button, driver side lock button).

If I wait a while (15/20 minutes), however, everything locks/unlocks just FINE with the outside doors. And if I lock with the key fob, I can UNLOCK with the door handle just fine.

It's almost like there's some kind of weird "you may not lock the door with the door buttons" timer that activates, and I have to wait for it to expire.

Has anyone seen or heard anything like this at all? I can't find ANYthing on an Internet search that indicates what I can do.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i haven't, but start with the 12v health before searching further.

3. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I have a 2013 v with 240,000 and haven't had this problem.

4. eneref

eneref New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    So... I have solved this issue. The two cables coming from the actuator to the door handle/lock (one for the lock, one for the handle)... one of those (the lock one) had come loose. It hadn't popped off entirely, but it came loose enough that the door essentially got out of sync. I was able to pop the trim off, pop that cable out, and reset it into the position it was supposed to be in (pushed in), and then properly seat the mount, and everything works as it should. Kind of a weird design, but I'm sure it's considered a safety feature of some sort.

Tim Jones likes this.
  5. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Thanks for the info....!