1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Weird Battery Issue to Start Car? Should I buy?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Michael Loveroot, Aug 23, 2022.

1. Michael Loveroot

Michael Loveroot Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Here is a description of a Prius I am possibly looking to buy at a cheap price.

toyota pirus hybrid 2008

mileage:182,951

$1,500 (obo)

not sure what’s wrong with it, to turn on the car you have to disconnect the 12v battery and pull the fuse out then reconnect battery. vehicle does run smoothly when car is on. tires are in good condition. “

Any ideas if it is an easily fixable problem or not?

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Pull what fuse is the space number and it's marked in the lid of the fuse box. Do you have access to a code reader maybe you need to give it a quick scan see what's going on is the car an SKS unlocking a remote car does it have buttons or button on the driver door a button on the trunk with the remote in your pocket if you walk up to the car the car unlocks just by touching the door The remote has the silver Toyota logo on the back or is it black these are things you kind of need to know is your car a touring edition does it have fog lights. Thank you

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    at that price, i would buy it and take the risk. is the cat oem? that's worth a thousand right there.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the thing is, disconnecting the battery resets the trouble codes which allows the car to start until it sets a code again.
    that doesn't tell you the problem.

5. Michael Loveroot

Michael Loveroot Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Yes but if I drive the car around for a few miles, the codes should still be there even if I shut the car off to check them, right?

6. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Research P0AA6. May be the problem, but it's better to get actual codes. It's the only code that will let you continue drive the car normally, but once you turn the car off, will not allow the car to go to "ready" again next time you try to drive. Can be reset by disconnecting the 12v battery. If it triggers again while driving, repeats the same way.