1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

weird both low beams went out (#scratching head)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by golfmk681, Mar 31, 2018.

1. golfmk681

golfmk681 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So weird, so I noticed today that my low beams were not working. I had to drive with my high beams.

Anyway, I checked all fuses under the hood, everything is ok. I replaced the low beams and it was fixed! But how can both low beams go out at the same time. That's so weird.

2. valde3

valde3 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Perhaps one was actually burned out before the other? Or maybe they just happened to burn out at the same time, do to them being the same quality.

You did check that bulbs were burned? Because the (very unlikely) option is that it was a problem somewhere that then decided to fix itself when replacing the bulbs.

If you wanted you could replace only one bulb when it burns out that would reduce the change of them burning out at the same time. In a gen 2 Prius only common step between replacing right or left headlight bulb is opening a hood so replacing them one at the time shouldn’t ad any work.

golfmk681 likes this.
  3. golfmk681

golfmk681 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yah I'm not sure. With the time change, I wasn't using the headlights until Friday night. I'm mean usually I get annoyed being forced to pay for two bulbs when you only need one, but in this case, I used two bulbs. I should probably slowly change out all of my bulbs since this car is super old. Like brakes and turn signals for that matter.