1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Weird door lock state

Discussion in 'Prime Technical Discussion' started by PiPLosAngeles, Feb 24, 2019.

1. PiPLosAngeles

PiPLosAngeles Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Last night I went to get in the Prius and when I touched the door handle it didn't do the usual two-beep unlock. Instead it rapidly alternated between unlock/lock 4 or 5 times in the span of 5 seconds or so. I wasn't touching the "lock" spot. Lots of beeps. I couldn't even get the door all the way open because it locked again half-latched. It took a little bit to get it open. I could reproduce it at will standing there in the parking lot, but after I drove it home I haven't been able to get it to happen again. Has anybody seen that before?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    12v?:D

iirc, someone else has a thread on similar problem. not sure what prius.

her door would open a quarter in or so. i think they replaced the guts, but not sure.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    On a previous car I had the latch mechanism click into the closed position, while the door was open. I'd been messing with it, can't recall exactly how. Then it wouldn't close properly.

I was stumped, taped the door shut, and drove to dealership. Mechanic showed me how to toggle it back with a screwdriver.

Maybe something like that?

4. PiPLosAngeles

PiPLosAngeles Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    It may have been something weird with the door being half-closed, but the mechanism wasn't latched while the door was open.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  5. SteveMucc

SteveMucc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I've had the door get "confused" before. this has happened a couple times where I ultimately had to use the key-fob unlock to get the door to unlock all the way to open it up. seems to be entirely random, and very infrequent.

6. bb4srv

bb4srv Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    I had the same happened a couple of times.