1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Weird event earlier today...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by WilDavis, Feb 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I was out and about in my 2009 Gen II (129,000miles) doing errands, and came to a red light at the bottom of a hill, so I stopped - the ICE had been running for 10 minutes and so had warmed up, I had the A/C "on" (set to 74F so the fans were blowing, and external temp was around 40F).

As I came down the hill, the ICE was not running, but at the red-light as I stopped, the ICE was "OFF", then about 5 seconds later turned "ON" for 5 seconds, then "OFF" for 5 seconds, then on then off for about 5 seconds each time!!!:eek: …until I switched the A/C to "OFF", and then the ICE stayed "OFF".

It's the first time I've noticed the ICE cycling ON/OFF so rapidly! Sometimes it comes on, but most times it goes off and never cycles - anyone have any idea what might be happening?

BTW (according to my ScanGauge-II) when stopped at the light, the SoC was 74% (about as high as I've ever seen it when the car is not being driven, the highest I've ever seen it when the car is moving is 81%). AuxBat was 13.6V, ICE temp was ~180F.

…any clues? …anyone?

Thanks in advance - Wil :)

#1 WilDavis, Feb 14, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sounds like chuggy pig got up n the wrong side of the bed.:p

WilDavis likes this.