1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Welcome Kit?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by 09Priusman, Jul 9, 2012.

1. 09Priusman

09Priusman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but I was told we were supposed to get a Welcome Kit/Package, or some such, from Toyota soon after we got our v. It's 10 weeks now and still no package. Should I call Toyota, or should I wait a little longer? BTW, what's in the kit?

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    It's your finance bill.

3. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I would go back to the person that told you about the Welcome Kit/Package. (who was it?)

I know that there was a swag bag for people that bought prii through the Prius Chat preferred dealer program. Is that what you are talking about?

I am not aware of any special Welcome Kit/Package for Prius v (wagon) buyers.

4. waffle

waffle New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I bought mine a week ago and no one made any mention of a "Welcome Kit" for the purchase so it might just be something your dealership was running. Like the post above said, I'd go back to whomever told you that.

5. 09Priusman

09Priusman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Oops, I should have been more specific. The salesperson said Toyota would be sending us info about the free maintenance program and there would be a card included to take to the dealership. What else that was supposed to be in the "package/kit" I have no idea. We did get "free" all-weather mats and a trunk liner as part of the purchase.

6. jabecker

jabecker driver of Prii since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I got that for my hatchback. There was info about the maintenance program and your card for that. Plus there was a card for a free 1000 miles "pit stop" at the dealer. When I took it in, they checked the oil and tires and gave me a Starbucks card. I believe it comes from Toyota corporate, not from the dealer. You could call Toyota Care, I supposed.

7. 09Priusman

09Priusman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I called Toyota the other day. They were sorry and would "look into it" as to why I did not get the maintenance card, etc. They said they would mail me a kit in 2-3 weeks. BTW, I also filed a formal complaint about no DRLs on the Prius v. They told me several other owners had called in with the same concern. I asked why they were not included while the regular Prius and all the Canadian v's had them. They said that info was "proprietary", which I took to mean they did not want to give us any more for our money.

8. Nexus99

Nexus99 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    I just got a V yesterday. I'll chime in when my service card arrives.

9. 09Priusman

09Priusman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I got the "Welcome Kit" yesterday, which is really a small brochure with the maintenance card and 2 key tags glued inside and an explanation about roadside assistance, etc. Much ado about nothing.

10. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    what do you mean by 'formal complaint'? were they listed on the sticker?

11. 09Priusman

09Priusman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    No, DRLs are not listed on the window sticker, or mentioned in the v brochure. I, as well as many other v owners, assumed they would be included, but you know what happens when you assume something. The Toyota rep called it a "formal complaint" and gave me a case number, as if anyone at Toyota really cares and will do anything about it. I told him I would be willing to pay for a retrofit, but he did not seem to think that was going to happen on the '12s. My impression was that he was only a talking head reading from a script. However, he spoke American English and that in itself made my day.