1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Welcome to Fred's House of Pancakes!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Fred's House of Pancakes, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    FHOPs, I sent you a PM the other day. I thought I had figured you out. There's no need acknowledge publicly, but reply privately with a 'yah' or 'nah'.

[edit]
    Forget it. I know the truth now. (the rest of you, I'm not telling)
    [/edit]

2. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    It's now confirmed . . . we DO have “Moderator†in our mists. He/she joined today and
    is actively lurking right now. He/she is jumpin' all over the place. :eek:

Information on MODERATOR:
    Home Page: http://www.cia.gov
    Birthday: 22 February 1980
    Interests: I am lurking, not posting, I am watching you. I listen in on your private phone calls. I read your private PMs. Keep your nose clean.
    http://priuschat.com/index.php?showuser=12621

Happy birthday Moderator. :D

“Moderator†seems to have a sense of humor. That would take most of you out of contention for being “Moderator.†:p
    Hey wait! Since when do Moderators have a sense of humor? :huh: :lol:

3. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I take such acusations very seriously.

4. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    What if FHOP has you on "ignore"??? :mellow:
    Maybe he is feeling a sense of superiority because he knows he is the only ONE-AND-TRUE-MODERATOR! You are just one of many . . . as aptly displayed by the wimpy little "Moderators" which shows below your name. :p

(that is assuming FHOP is also Moderator)

5. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yours, too.

6. Fred's House of Pancakes

While I'm not MODERATOR, I should ignore the moderators; after all, I'm a forum and a restaurant, that has to be better than a moderator, right?

7. tunabreath

tunabreath New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The "FHOP" is clear enough that I noticed it before you mentioned it.

I have a question, though. Isn't your avatar (a picture of delicious pancakes along with the logo of a commercial pancake-selling establishment) an example of blatant advertising? Shouldn't that picture be restricted to the "Sponsored Commercial Sales" area?

8. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    As soon as I have a weekend to attend to the whole process. When I move us to the new server I'm also going to be upgrading the forum software, so things might look different for a while until I get it all straightened out.

It's all about having the time.

BTW - the [you] tag disappeared because we are now running a different type of forum software, and the [you] tag wasn't included... but look for it when we update the software ;)

9. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

what exactly is so special about [you] tag?

10. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

I am looking forward to the "ignore thread started by user" and/or the "ignore forum" features.

11. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'll attempt to explain it but it's something you really have to see for yourself. Also, I have to use (parens) rather than [brackets] because the server software would attempt to compile the tags in [brackets].

You understand that in the background of all the posts, there are tags: (IMG) for referencing an image, (U) for underlining text, and (align) for horizontal alignment of the post. Well the (you) tag is just another tag. When the server sees that tag, it takes the name of the person logged in on your computer at that time and places that name where the (you) tag is. I see "TonyPSchaefer" while you see "Maggieddd". It's actually that simple. But the implementation and use the tag can be both fun and frustrating. Here are a few examples:

"I think I remember (you) saying something about that, but since I never agree with (you) I simply wrote it off." becomes. . .
    "I think I remember maggieddd saying something about that, but since I never agree with maggieddd I simply wrote it off."

also

"If anyone should be banned, it's (you)!" becomes . . .
    "If anyone should be banned, it's maggieddd!"

also

"The first thing I do when I log on is look for posts from (you). (you)'s posts always make me smile." becomes . . .
    Well in this case, that's just not true. :D :lol:

12. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

THANK YOU SIR!
    May I ask another question?
    Is there any possibility that Moderator=Fred's House of Pancakes=Priapus=TonyPSchaefer=you???

13. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Trust me, Maggie, if the (you) tag were active, I'd have already accused everyone of being "Fred's".

That is, "I personally know who registered the name "Fred's house of Pancakes" and it turns out that it's (YOU) but don't tell anyone."

Then, of course, everyone will respond to say that it's not them, newbies will post indicating that they just joined this morning and why am I picking on them by name, and even long-time lurkers will respond that "hey, I'm just lurking here; don't drag me into this." Those replies will each spawn explinations from everyone else that it was the pesky (YOU) tag which will result in yet more explinations of how it works, a poll on whether or not it should be removed, and a bloated inbox full of PMs shaming me for using it. Ah yes, chaos reigns supreme.

14. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    All I can say is that considering the 28th of February is Pancake Day, we'd better get something. Free pancakes or group discount on pancakes would be nice. :p

Emmmmm, pancakes.

15. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

count me in!!!!

16. tunabreath

tunabreath New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm too lazy to actually make this and not skilled enough to Photoshop it, but I think the perfect PriusChat breakfast would be a pancake with the word "POWER" written in maple syrup in the center and a sprig of mint above it.

17. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

18. Fred's House of Pancakes

When the server updates, and the [you] tag works, I wonder who will be the first to remember to use it.

And you also forgot, if the user [you] is also quoted, you have a new plethora of problems, because everyone will think they said something that they didn't.

It'll be interesting on whether or not it will work in titles this time. Last time it didn't, but that would draw a lot of people into a post.

Hmmmmmmmmm......................

19. Fred's House of Pancakes

While Priapus=TonyPSchaefer="a moderator", Fred's House of Pancakes≠TonyPSchaefer, and Fred's House of Pancakes≠Moderator and Fred's House of Pancakes≠"a moderator". The relationship of TonyPSchaefer and Moderator is unknown.

20. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I think part of the recent civil unrest in FHOP may have to do with decreased service . . . quite possibly an aftermath of Fred's having gone franchise.

Take the new logo for instance. Hasn't anyone noticed something missing? Where are the utensils, placemat, and napkins? And why isn't the coffee mug topped off? By God, what has happened to the level of service in this joint? :eek:

I've also noticed that FHOP doesn't have any music. 'Supwitdat?
    Fred, I will overlook the lack of utensils, placemats, napkins, half empty coffee mugs and overall poor level of service if you do one thing.
    Get a jukebox and fill if with some appropriate Prius mood music.

My choice for song # A-1 would be Out In The Country by Three Dog night. To me that song epitomizes the Prius spirit and deserves the A-1 spot. Hearing that song puts me in a semi-catatonic state and all my cares seem to fade away. You could even serve my pancakes cold . . . I just wouldn't care. Do that and I will be a loyal FHOP customer for life.

Lyrics to Out In The Country:
    Whenever I need to leave it all behind
    Or feel the need to get away
    I find a quiet place, far from the human race
    Out in the country

Before the breathin' air is gone
    Before the sun is just a bright spot in the nighttime
    Out where the rivers like to run
    I stand alone and take back somethin' worth rememberin'

Whenever I feel them closing in on me
    Or need a bit of room to move
    When life becomes too fast, I find relief at last
    Out in the country . . .

What other Prius-worthy-songs do FHOP customers feel deserve a spot in the FHOP jukebox?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.