1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Welcome to the new PriusChat! Post your questions, bugs, suggestions here

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Danny, May 30, 2012.

1. ss_neogeo

ss_neogeo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I really like this new layout! Great job

2. Cvk14

Cvk14 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Mark all read? does it exist anymore?

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I think this has been posted before, but search is busted. I guess we'll have to depend on Google searches for site:priuschat.com [terms] temporarily.

I also got a scare when I edited my post and tried to save it. I got the notification that a reason's required and that's when I got my scare. I was wondering where the heck all my work went? I had to click Edit again to bring my edits and supply the reason. I suspect that some people might lose their work, if they accidentally navigate away after being puzzled/scared.

There also seems to be no way to turn off smiley detection. My : followed by p got turned into a smiley... :/

4. ambush

ambush Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I can seem to get the search to work

5. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Search should be back up for everyone. For some reason the elasticsearch server crashed.

I'll turn off the requirement to leave a reason for an edit. There have been too many people already making that same comment.

6. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just tried Search and got this.

PriusChat - Error
    The search could not be completed. Please try again later.

7. AZGeek

AZGeek Semi-informed Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    :( Ugghhh. Just went through the process of posting images to a thread. Definitely a PITA compared to the old forum layout. And gone is the ability to select multiple files for a single upload. Hopefully you have fixing this on your "to do" list, which I am sure has grown pretty large by now. :eek:

C'mon, Danny. Kill the part that mandates putting in a stupid reason for an edit. I know you said you disabled that but it is still being required to edit a post. That, so far, moves to the top of my list of biggest frustrations with the new format.:mad:

8. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Really? I find the attachment process to be one of the best new features on the site. I just uploaded these 4 images with 3 clicks of the mouse.
    Screen shot 2012-05-28 at 7.56.21 AM.png Screen shot 2012-05-28 at 7.56.00 AM.png Screen shot 2012-05-28 at 7.55.32 AM.png Screen shot 2012-05-28 at 7.54.58 AM.png

9. AZGeek

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Were those uploaded from images that already existed in an album? Or were they as file attachments. My frustration is with the former (haven't tried the latter).

10. SoCalBPrius

SoCalBPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Kinda too early to give any concrete opinion but it looks good. Also, I like the alert on the topic your interested in, nice feature. One problem I had was when I was trying to change my avatar pix., I couldn't & on top of that, it booted me completely out of priuschat & wouldn't let me back in saying something about me being forbidden or something. I hope this was just a glitch as I never had that happen to me before;).

11. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ok, ok... I removed the requirement to provide a reason for an edit.

Restarted the search server. Not sure why it keeps crashing.

12. AZGeek

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks.

Dude, I don't envy you a bit right now. I'll try to mind my Ps & Qs while we work through the bugs. (I guess you can quote me on that one then next time I go off the deep end).

13. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    As file attachments. What is your process for posting images from photo albums into a post? Why not just post a link to the album? Or right click on the specific photos you want to link to and use "Copy Link Address"?

I'm just trying to figure out how you use the site so that I can best tailor solutions for everyone.

14. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Question for everyone: Do you like the format of the top 3 posts or the bottom 2 posts for news threads like this?

pc_news_style_options.png

Top 3 format is more minimal, and fits 3 posts into the space of about 1.5 of the Bottom 2 format.

15. jellybug

jellybug Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I hate the new layout. I'm sorry that's not constructive, but it's hard to read, hard to navigate, and now my avatar is absent.

I 100% dislike this. Boo. I may not be on here very much any more as it is not friendly to the eyes :-(

16. ProximalSuns

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I like the top. Cleaner. All the user info is kind of interesting once but message after message. I can click on the user to get the info if I want it but no need to keep posting with each message.

Can the total width of the message area be increased. Lots of blank space to either side. It's actually off center, more blank on right then left in my view on Firefox. That would get more info per page and still leave room for a surround ad or ad columns for the future.

Also the "More Options" menu tabs below. Have "Preview" as one of them vs. having to click "More options" to Preview. Preview is first choice even before Post Reply yet it is hidden two layers down.

17. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I actually have added a Preview button to the Quick Reply for thread views other than this one (which we'll call the "News view"). I just haven't figured out how to get it in the News view Quick Reply box yet.

18. JumpinJoni

JumpinJoni Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I second the motion... this is very poor, not user friendly and very cluttered - very poor assembly of information and counter productive to absorbing information without wading through unnecessary, distracting clutter. Just have to call it the way I see it (no sugar coating) Will check back in a few weeks to see if there is any improvement - sorry that I am unable to make lemonade out of these lemons nor offer any constructive suggestions (other than going back to the previous format).

19. ProximalSuns

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just noticed the difference between this and the regular forum with the Preview. The regular forum is also wider.

PS. Don't agree at all with the negatives above. The new look is much better, livelier. Like going from PC to Mac.

HTMLSpinnr likes this.
  20. Silver bullit

Silver bullit Right Lane Cruiser

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When you log in it used to show a list of the posts since your last log in. Is that no longer available or maybe I just can't find it.