1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Well .. battery pack went again ... no suprise though ...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by chronon, Apr 2, 2021.

1. chronon

chronon Active Member

here and there aint be in frozen wasteland no mo..
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    1) yES.. HAVE used the TS before with the mini-vci it came with .. it's a big pain to get TS working with all the MS .net files and versions to update ... .. i did not grid charge .. i did balance some of the modules but not all ....

2. chronon

chronon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    current codes from can reader are p0303 (cyl 3 misfire() and p2601 coolant pump (for cold start thermos) -- i dont know why either of these would throw the triangle .. ill try a different reader and maybe techstream again..

3. chronon

chronon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    i was able to get the techstream working .. by starting car with acc1 (1 x power butten push) then plug in the vci con to obd2 car - con -
    then to get full connection push to get acc2 (push p.b. again) -
    engine same as can reader (2 codes)
    hybrid control :
    P3000 something intermittent .. dont diagnose .. something todo with teh ECU .. the ECU i ordered from ebay , specifically said 'battery control computer in title' of course the tiny picture showed 'engine control' .. that's what came was an engine control ECU .. he refunded ..
    --
    HV Bat systet:
    P0AFA : hyrbid bat system voltage low (there is no FF data)

i've been driving keeping a careful eye on bat cap - making sure it doesnts fall below half (4 bars) and only ac running with engine on ... (and had 90 degree day yest)
    ---
    plan of attack : release 12v .. (resets computers) --- prob. same errors will occurr again .. guess i will try and be more careful on ebay ..
    ( i dont see _any _ prius bat ecu's on amazon.)

4. chronon

chronon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    yeah ... the little battery deal bought me about 1 mile maybe 3 before red tri and ! came back .. the turbo fan stayed off .. the engine seemed to run alot more than normal at idle .. - i drove to carmaxx to get an evaluation .. i even filled the form out for the appointment stating 'no trade in' .. and the doofis wearing mask asked me about trade-in .. (i was maybe 20 min late to appt. -- there was a lot of guys standing around like at any car dealership though) .. guy stated it would take 45 min .. ( i just knew that was wrong .. to take some pics doesnt take 45 min .. they had something else going on then he said it might take 30 min ... ) what a waste of time .. i wasnt hanging around for their appraisal .. as i could just do it at home and submit my own pics .. see .. they want to get you in their so they can fanagle you .. get you comfortable with some free coffee and movies .. show you around and they want to get u to buy something -- something coming in something needs to go out ..

5. chronon

chronon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    somehow, through enough 'low load' (being very careful with a/c use and watching the battery level to avoid it getting much down below half if possible ) the red triangle went away on it's own ???
    have been driving it around carefully and it has been working .. where i normally leave the car on for a few minuters when i go into do a pickup .. i now turn it off and just turn it on again , of course this is bad for the increase in gas consumption but good for the higher charge level of the battery .

.. thisnext piece is not related to the HV battery but just a bitch from me about the license plate lamps: .. - i got pulled over last year for this and again tonight .. its pretty noticeable when u dont have a light on your plate -- i pulled the rear hatch and pulled the back plastic over the wiring and lights, ordered LED lights, replaced them in the sockets .. and checkd the fuse .. i guess i have to go to autozone, oreilly's or God forbid, the stealership ...

6. Sonic_TH

Sonic_TH Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Any updates on this?